Is there a reason why xtian families have a bazillion kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Is there a reason why xtian families have a bazillion kids?
Do you have children, BaA? I only ask because I have two and would love to have more if I had the resources. I've been hooked since the first one. :-) Before I had them, I'd be like you. "What's with all these kids?"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Quote:I can't speak for Protestants, but official Catholic teaching is that the primary purpose of sex is procreation

Unless its a bishop sticking his dick in an altar boy's asshole. They probably have an exemption for that. Otherwise:

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
30-10-2014, 02:15 PM
(30-10-2014 02:08 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  Do you have children, BaA? I only ask because I have two and would love to have more if I had the resources. I've been hooked since the first one. :-) Before I had them, I'd be like you. "What's with all these kids?"

Granted, of course - but there's no reason for that particular sentiment to be correlated with specific religiousity. Hence the question.

... this is my signature!
30-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I come from a long line of catholics. My dad is 1 of 7 and my mom is 2 of 6. Lets see how the kids flake out

on mom's side
#1 has 2 kids
#2 has 4 (my mom)
#3 has 4 (that we know of) with three different moms
#4 has 0
#5 has 2
#6 has 1

Dad's side
#1 has 4 (my dad)
#2 has 0
#3 has 2
#4 has 6 and one step, three with each wife, second wife had one from first marriage. This was a marking of property and wanting a girl by second wife.
#5 has 2
#6 has 2
#7 has 2

Of all those cousins I am the only one that has more than 2, so far. I have three. Some may pass me since I am the oldest on both sides and some just started having kids.
30-10-2014, 02:19 PM
(30-10-2014 01:17 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Be fruitful and multiply. We're not quite sure why, just do it."
Because having a bigger army makes smiting the unbeliever easier.
30-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Because Jebus no likey them birth control pills.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-10-2014, 02:23 PM
It's where religion continues to dwell in days gone by... when it was imperative that you had a lot of children to help farm the land.

Used to be - even in my Grandpa's days (he was born in the late 1800) that lots of children assured wealth for the family.

Those were the days when there was still plenty of land for everyone...and children worked hard.

The world has moved on, but religion hasn't...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-10-2014, 02:49 PM
(30-10-2014 02:08 PM)TreeSapNest Wrote:  Do you have children, BaA? I only ask because I have two and would love to have more if I had the resources. I've been hooked since the first one. :-) Before I had them, I'd be like you. "What's with all these kids?"

I have two and am thrilled my husband had a vascectomy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-10-2014, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2014 03:14 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
"hooked on having babies".

I think there is a lot of truth in that. I am more and more convinced there are people who are hooked on pregnancy, childbirth and raising children like other people are addicted to alcohol and drugs.

I know a group of moms who get all emotional at the first day of school every year, every time the kid has a birthday. I don't understand the level of drama attached to it. And it seems like once a child reaches a certain point they want another just to go thru it all again. Its creepy.

I am far from being an unemotional attached mother, but milestones should be celebrated, not be depressing.

me thinks some just need to be needed by the needy.

edited to add link that explains better of what I was getting at. http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/pr...rks?page=1

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
30-10-2014, 03:06 PM
It may have something to do with the Quiverfull movement.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post