Is there a single decent person below the Mason Dixon line?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 05:25 AM by The Germans are coming.)
Is there a single decent person below the Mason Dixon line?
Seriously?

In the past 4 years in which I spent an increased time on forums that have a mayority US membership I encounterd several US citizens from below the Mason Dixon line and almoust every single one of them is a cunt.

"Franco was the best political leader Europe ever had"
"Gays should be locked up"
"Jews killed Jesus"
"Segregation was to protect negros"
"Nelson Mandela was an anti white terrorist"
"The civil rights movement was a communist conspiracy"
"Having kids with your cousin isnt incest"
"Man has the right to beat his wife if she disobays him"

And a consistent repeating of the word "eurotrash". Is there even a single decent person in that region? And if you are a decent person why dont you get the fuck out of there?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 05:36 AM
RE: Is there a single decent person below the Mason Dixon line?
Rolleyes

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-11-2014, 05:37 AM
(11-11-2014 05:21 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Seriously?

In the past 4 years in which I spent an increased time on forums that have a mayority US membership I encounterd several US citizens from below the Mason Dixon line and almoust every single one of them is a cunt.

"Franco was the best political leader Europe ever had"
"Gays should be locked up"
"Jews killed Jesus"
"Segregation was to protect negros"
"Nelson Mandela was an anti white terrorist"
"The civil rights movement was a communist conspiracy"
"Having kids with your cousin isnt incest"
"Man has the right to beat his wife if she disobays him"

And a consistent repeating of the word "eurotrash". Is there even a single decent person in that region? And if you are a decent person why dont you get the fuck out of there?

What's a "mayority" ? A gaggle of mayors ?
Angie and that gay boy Ferdi are from there, so that's 2.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Rolleyes I'm from Alabama. I have family here. And a son. It makes it difficult to move away from your support system with young children and a flailing economy.

While there are some vocal dumbasses from this region, it's not like other areas are immune to idiocy. Once the baby boomers are too old for office, I have hope things will change.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
11-11-2014, 05:50 AM
(11-11-2014 05:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Rolleyes I'm from Alabama. I have family here. And a son. It makes it difficult to move away from your support system with young children and a flailing economy.

While there are some vocal dumbasses from this region, it's not like other areas are immune to idiocy. Once the baby boomers are too old for office, I have hope things will change.

Are you sure that it is only baby boomers?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
11-11-2014, 05:53 AM
jobs, nice weather, 2 hr drive to the beach, 2 hr drive to the Smoky Mtns, low cost of living.

We consider moving many times, but when my husband starts the job search we cant find anything that pays what he makes here and provides the lifestyle (size of house, etc) we want.

And it really is a split it seems 50/50 of the people I meet that are born and raised here vs people that moved here from 'up north'. or other areas.

Times are a changing, just slow to show on the political side.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 6 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-11-2014, 07:12 AM
I'm as far below the Mason-Dixon line as you can get and still be on US soil. I run the Southern Command for the TTA from down here and so far we've been able to repel and hold our ground against wave upon wave of lunacy. We fight the good fight from down here.

"Franco was the best political leader Europe ever had" Beat_stick
"Gays should be locked up" Beat_stick
"Jews killed Jesus" Beat_stick
"Segregation was to protect negros" Beat_stick
"Nelson Mandela was an anti white terrorist" Beat_stick
"The civil rights movement was a communist conspiracy" Beat_stick
"Having kids with your cousin isnt incest" Beat_stick
"Man has the right to beat his wife if she disobeys him" Beat_stick

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Well I got out, but my sister is there stirring up shit and challenging gender norms. I <3 her.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
11-11-2014, 07:41 AM
(11-11-2014 07:25 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Well I got out, but my sister is there stirring up shit and challenging gender norms. I <3 her.

So some guy called Norm...

Tongue Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-11-2014, 08:23 AM
(11-11-2014 05:50 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 05:46 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Rolleyes I'm from Alabama. I have family here. And a son. It makes it difficult to move away from your support system with young children and a flailing economy.

Are you sure that it is only baby boomers?

Dodgy that's all you got from that?
No, it's not only baby boomers. However, my generation is much more progressive, and the one below me even more so.

Most of the people I know vote republican because they work in the defense industry which historically has its budget cut with dems in office or they fear an increase in taxes. It boils down to money. If You had to decide between taxes going up and potentially losing your job or social issues that don't necessarily affect your daily life, you're going to pick the option that puts food on your table. That's the perception here.

I may not be vocal about my atheism due to family, but I sure as hell am outspoken about gay rights and women's rights. It's actually socially taboo in most circles in my region to be openly homophobic or racist. Yes, in Alabama. Most employers would fire your ass before you could complete the sentence. I see cute gay couples out on dates and running errands all the time now - a vast improvement from only 10 years ago. And no one is chasing them down with bibles or burning crosses.

Things are changing. And for the better. There's just some backlash right now from the far right because they are feeling threatened. Most of those comments are things people would be way too cowardly to say in person.

I don't think everyone in New Jersey is as stupid as the people on Jersey Shores. And I have never used the term Eurotrash. Ok, I might call the Middle East a bunch of terrorist goat fuckers Tongue - there's some truth to the quote on Hughsie's signature about the public's perception.

My family tree forks, we all have shoes, we all can read, we all have at least a high school education going back to great grandparents. If anyone was in the KKK, it would have been AT least as far back as a great great grandfather.

As far as the quotes in the OP, the closest morsel of that I've heard in daily conversation is that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry, and that the Civil War was not about slavery. I've never heard that about segregation - only "separate but equal" in the history books. If anything, the most common arguments are anti-abortion and slut shaming - that won't get you fired.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman