Is there a statute of limitation on suing your parents?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 08:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Is there a statute of limitation on suing your parents?
(06-03-2014 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I was so fed up with my parent's draconian rule, that I decided to run away.
I packed up my essentials. My NES controller and a few games and my favorite dinosaurs. I put them in a bag and headed off into the woods.

AND MY PARENTS LET ME.

Yeah. So what. I just figured everyone done that when they were 7. 'Cept I didn't have no games. Just some books and a bike. Tongue

(06-03-2014 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  But that's irrelevant. The emotional damage that follows me even today from my parents letting me run away is considerable. I feel that they should compensate me for nearly 25 years of emotional strife.

This is sarcastic right? I mean I know you're a pussy and all but that ain't pussy, that's trolling. I fucking hate rules but I propose a new one "Them that wield the Ban Hammer shall not troll."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 08:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-03-2014 01:13 AM)Dee Wrote:  She is 35 now, and I wish she could sue her father.

In the US at least, she can most certainly sue him. Statute of Limitations applies to criminal law not tort law. If dude's well off he'll likely settle out of court on the condition "Let us never speak of this again."

08-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Re: Is there a statute of limitation on suing your parents?
I think you have a better case against Nintendo for making you emotionally dependent on a superior device.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-03-2014, 02:53 PM
(07-03-2014 08:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 01:13 AM)Dee Wrote:  She is 35 now, and I wish she could sue her father.

In the US at least, she can most certainly sue him. Statute of Limitations applies to criminal law not tort law. If dude's well off he'll likely settle out of court on the condition "Let us never speak of this again."

That is incorrect. There is a statue of limitations on civil claims as well. For things like sexual abuse, some of them goo back pretty far. It's worth at least consulting a lawyer. If nothing else , you can get what he did out in the open. Who knows who else he accused our continues to abuse.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
08-03-2014, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 03:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-03-2014 02:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 08:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In the US at least, she can most certainly sue him. Statute of Limitations applies to criminal law not tort law. If dude's well off he'll likely settle out of court on the condition "Let us never speak of this again."

That is incorrect. There is a statue of limitations on civil claims as well. For things like sexual abuse, some of them goo back pretty far. It's worth at least consulting a lawyer. If nothing else , you can get what he did out in the open. Who knows who else he accused our continues to abuse.

BnW is why I fucking hate fucking lawyers. Ain't his fault. Dude's just doing his job. But I can't help but think ....

[Image: bro.jpg]

Bring it bitch. You gonna lose. I ain't no lawyer and you still gonna lose.

08-03-2014, 03:16 PM
You all suck at running away Laugh out load
i ran away and stayed away for one week. Altho i'm glad i'm back because who knows what would've become of me if i stayed away

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....