Is there a way to find out who has quoted me or responded to one of my posts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: Is there a way to find out who has quoted me or responded to one of my posts?
(27-07-2017 06:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've never used it but in the bottom left corner you'll find a "Subscribe to this thread" option...

Yep, it works fine. You also have the option of receiving an email if the threads you're subscribed to are updated, or not.

Check you user CP and your watched threads will be listed. You can unsubscribe as required. Smartass

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
27-08-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: Is there a way to find out who has quoted me or responded to one of my posts?
(27-07-2017 04:55 PM)whateverist Wrote:  At af.org there is an "Alerts" function that helps at least if someone quotes all or part of one of my posts...

I agree that's what's needed here at TTA. For examp i tried the TTA 'subscribe' buttons and when I logged in here the other day I found no less than 49 general email notifications waiting for me spread over a whole bunch of several threads, far too many for me to wade through to find the ones who were talking directly to me.
Like Whateverist said, the AF forum's approach is much more streamlined because people who've quoted us are clearly tagged there in the 'Alerts' list and we can therefore zero straight in on them to reply.
28-08-2017, 01:54 AM
(27-08-2017 11:40 PM)Propwash Wrote:  I found no less than 49 general email notifications waiting for me spread over a whole bunch of several threads, far too many for me to wade through to find the ones who were talking directly to me.

Stop spamming BS in the forum actually helps too. Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
28-08-2017, 04:53 AM
(28-08-2017 01:54 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 11:40 PM)Propwash Wrote:  I found no less than 49 general email notifications waiting for me spread over a whole bunch of several threads, far too many for me to wade through to find the ones who were talking directly to me.

Stop spamming BS in the forum actually helps too. Drinking Beverage

I post great stuff, for example I said Jesus never said a word about GLBT's one way or the other, not a single word!, and GLBT's can use that priceless gem of info to slap anti-GLBT bullies around.
Whose side are you on, GLBT's or the bullies?..Wink
28-08-2017, 05:52 AM
(27-07-2017 04:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  You can use the search function and search for your name (used to sometimes do it when I wasn't around here very much, in case someone had replied to something I'd said - didn't want them to feel like I was ignoring them (I have a yuge problem with worrying I am talking to myself/bothering others, who are not even reading what I write and/or are wishing I'd stop and leave them alone)

But yeah, that's my suggestion Blush

I do what Vera does. I search for my own name, set the search tool to display posts instead of threads. The results show an abbreviated view of the post and the author's name so I know who is quoting and what they're quoting. It's a little clunky but it gets the job done.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
29-08-2017, 03:00 AM
Sorry guys I'm outta here because I just can't get the hang of finding out which people quoted me so that I can reply to them, so there's no point in me sticking around, bye..Smile
29-08-2017, 04:27 PM
(29-08-2017 03:00 AM)Propwash Wrote:  Sorry guys I'm outta here because I just can't get the hang of finding out which people quoted me so that I can reply to them, so there's no point in me sticking around, bye..Smile

There is no point in you sticking around regardless.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2017, 08:11 PM
(28-08-2017 05:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(27-07-2017 04:59 PM)Vera Wrote:  You can use the search function and search for your name (used to sometimes do it when I wasn't around here very much, in case someone had replied to something I'd said - didn't want them to feel like I was ignoring them (I have a yuge problem with worrying I am talking to myself/bothering others, who are not even reading what I write and/or are wishing I'd stop and leave them alone)

But yeah, that's my suggestion Blush

I do what Vera does. I search for my own name, set the search tool to display posts instead of threads. The results show an abbreviated view of the post and the author's name so I know who is quoting and what they're quoting. It's a little clunky but it gets the job done.

How about that? I was just checking in to see if you've been around since I haven't noticed you posting at AForg. The way I did it was to access my buddy list where fortunately I added you. That has made it easier to see what you and some others have been posting.

Again, sorry you had that interaction with the young rude twerp over there. He annoys me too.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
29-08-2017, 08:39 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post