Is there any credability to this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 07:17 AM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Is there any credability to this?
(25-09-2012 12:43 AM)Filox Wrote:  Of course we will not take a movie as a serious scientific ... anything. Project Orion did not use explosives to escape the black hole, but it was a theory that a ship can use explosives to push it in certain direction. Not only that, but those explosions would actually be the "propulsion engine" for that ship. So there is a pretty big similarity with the idea from a movie. If you want to cherry pick, no, Project Orion was never tested in reality, nor was it used to escape the black hole, but do you really have to cherry pick like this? Wasn't the similarity of the "explosion drive" similar, almost identical? So if the theory from reality has some scientific basis and if it has a chance to actually work, than the makers of the movie were no that far from the truth after all.

Anyway, my conclusion was not to say that Star Trek is the real science on TV screen, it was to say that theoretically there is a possibility for the warp drive. But it remains a theory until we learn a lot more about the physics and technology needed for the basics of those experiments. So maybe in a hundred years to start asking these question again? Smile

Rocket/jet propulsion, and how modern space engines operate on said science, has nothing to do with gaining enough speed and power to escape the gravitational pull of a black hole. If light can't escape it, how is an explosion supposed to assist in the escape? If you are going to quote me, perhaps you should read what I post.

Yes, it is a theory like the multiverse is a theory. Nothing but speculation. In this regard, arguing theoretically is stupid and is almost the equivalent to two theists arguing against each other.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: Is there any credability to this?
There's also that idea that you can shorten the distance between two points so it seems like you are going the speed of light, but that's a bit far fetched. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply