Is there any explanation for this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 03:05 PM
I have been able to do this thing forever, it feels like I am leaving my body and it is sort of a tingling feeling. I have gone so far one time that my eyes rolled back into my head and I stopped. When I do it, I lose feeling in my legs then it crawls up my body, I can't move and I am completely relaxed when I do it. I don't believe we have a soul but I really can't explain this. I want to get to the point where the tingling numbness gets all the way passed my head but I am not sure what will happen.

The thing is that it feels good, and I do it often. I feel the release of everything and I go back on my normal day. I do it because of stress sometimes. Please don't hesitate to tell me if I am absolutely crazy. When I was a kid I thought it was a normal thing, and I forgot about it until about a year ago. Also, should I try and go all the way and see what happens? It almost feels like what I think dying might feel like, the release of chemicals and endorphin's followed by a numbness.

Any response will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: Is there any explanation for this?
Sounds like an Alpha State. I'm no expert, but I don't think it's anything to be negatively concerned about. In fact, people practice meditation to achieve it and even use various practices such as biofeedback to get to it. Be glad you can do it at will.
It's your body, your life - explore as you see fit. If you feel concerned about it, check in with a neurobiologist or even a psychotherapist - they're bound to want to hook you up to a machine to see what's going on in your noggin when you're doing it. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Is there a sense of "vibration" involved (from you mentioning the tingling feeling)???

If I was you I would google "How to have an OBE" and see if anything sounds familiar.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-09-2012, 04:00 PM
(26-09-2012 03:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  Is there a sense of "vibration" involved (from you mentioning the tingling feeling)???

If I was you I would google "How to have an OBE" and see if anything sounds familiar.

I know what an OBE is, and there is a sense of vibration when I do it. I can do it in 5 seconds, I start to shake and my eyes shake too.
26-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Well if you do decide to do it all the way and you do OBE then we can test it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Same thing often happens to me when I'm smoking some primo weed.

Just sayin.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-09-2012, 04:40 PM
(26-09-2012 04:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Same thing often happens to me when I'm smoking some primo weed.

Just sayin.

Does that mean I have a DMT reserve in my head? Shocking
26-09-2012, 04:42 PM
(26-09-2012 04:40 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 04:39 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Same thing often happens to me when I'm smoking some primo weed.

Just sayin.

Does that mean I have a DMT reserve in my head? Shocking

I think we should should investigate your brain and see if it's something we can bottle and sell!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-09-2012, 04:50 PM
(26-09-2012 04:25 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well if you do decide to do it all the way and you do OBE then we can test it.

I don't know, I might lay off until I hit a super low in my life and I have nothing to lose. It really does feel like what I imagine dying feel like and that scares me. Sadcryface2
26-09-2012, 04:53 PM
It's not going to "do" anything harmful. Just take your pulse. If it's normal, in the state, you're safe.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.