Is there any explanation for this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: Is there any explanation for this?
If I could do that, I would leave my body every time I slept. Think of all the steam you could blow off without getting arrested. Especially if you could learn to manipulate objects even if just a little. I might get a book on obe's. I'd love to try it and test it to see if it is possible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Is there any explanation for this?
(26-09-2012 03:05 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I have been able to do this thing forever, it feels like I am leaving my body and it is sort of a tingling feeling. I have gone so far one time that my eyes rolled back into my head and I stopped. When I do it, I lose feeling in my legs then it crawls up my body, I can't move and I am completely relaxed when I do it. I don't believe we have a soul but I really can't explain this. I want to get to the point where the tingling numbness gets all the way passed my head but I am not sure what will happen.

The thing is that it feels good, and I do it often. I feel the release of everything and I go back on my normal day. I do it because of stress sometimes. Please don't hesitate to tell me if I am absolutely crazy. When I was a kid I thought it was a normal thing, and I forgot about it until about a year ago. Also, should I try and go all the way and see what happens? It almost feels like what I think dying might feel like, the release of chemicals and endorphin's followed by a numbness.

Any response will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You should read the Far Journeys series by Robert Allan Monroe. He was a normal guy, manager or an audio engineer, but he started having out of body experiences like every time he went to sleep. He went all the way and explored the strange world around (and then in some freakin' higher dimensions or something) and it didn't hurt him. He also got himself examined medically and by psychiatrist and was considered healthy in all aspects.

I don't think whatever you have is dangerous. The body has very powerful automatic self-preservation mechanisms. Hell, we even hold our piss when we sleep, we wake up if we get a numb limb, we roll around... Have some trust in the body, it doesn't die so easily.
There are some ways to concentrate that might psych you out, but these take effort. If it's not forceful, you should be all right. Only for the first time you go all the way, it might be nice to have someone to keep an eye on you, like tell someone that you'll take a nap and you'll need waking in half an hour or so.

Maybe you're someone who can go into lucid dreaming at will, that would be pretty cool.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply