Is there any show AMC makes which isn't just fucking brilliant?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Is there any show AMC makes which isn't just fucking brilliant?
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead and now I just spent all day watching the first season of The Killing. Could ... not ... stop ... watching. Now I'm gonna have to check out Hell On Wheels. AMC really does know drama.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 06:11 PM
RE: Is there any show AMC makes which isn't just fucking brilliant?
The answer...No.

I'm currently only hooked on Walking Dead and The Killing. All the others are amazing as well, but I try to limit my addictions.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Man I replied to this thread like a half hour ago but my window crashed. I wrote this huge thing that would have blown your minds and just as I went to hit the post button, zip zammo blammo gone.

Anyways I'm too fucking lazy to rewrite it and I've forgotten most of it.

I'm not the hugest fan of The Walking Dead. Breaking Bad had a stellar first season and then I kind of got bored. Never seen Mad Men but I hear good things.
What the hell is The Killing? and is it per chance about... Killing?

AMC is the new HBO, minus all of the old school HBO nudity.

So long as they keep ahead of the market they will have the competitive edge. It really helps that most channels are focused entirely on "reality shows" instead of anything with even the most modest dose of intelligence.

I'm betting the reason AMC is doing so well recently has a lot to do with peoples expectations for written dialogue being very low. They only ever see scripted reality anymore they've forgotten what television used to be good at. Miniature movies that go on for years instead of hours.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2012, 07:53 PM
(17-03-2012 05:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead and now I just spent all day watching the first season of The Killing. Could ... not ... stop ... watching. Now I'm gonna have to check out Hell On Wheels. AMC really does know drama.

You really are a 'GirlyMan', aren't you? Watching freakin dramas Big Grin

I have enough drama in my own life!!! Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
17-03-2012, 09:26 PM
The Walking Dead strikes me as nihilistic, and it plays into christian stereotypes about atheists, like the scene where Carl mouths off to Carol after she says that they'll meet Sophia again in heaven: "Heaven is just another lie, and if you believe it you're an idiot!"

I happen to agree with Carl, but the context makes him look like an atheistic jerk. I could just see an "atheist" character in a Chick tract saying something like that.
[+] 1 user Likes advancedatheist's post
17-03-2012, 10:12 PM
(17-03-2012 07:53 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  You really are a 'GirlyMan', aren't you? Watching freakin dramas Big Grin

Hell, you shoulda seen me before the testosterone replacement therapy. Girly was into gardening and cooking and crochet and embroidery. ... Still sometimes relapse with a little cross-stitching. Wink

17-03-2012, 11:00 PM
(17-03-2012 10:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 07:53 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  You really are a 'GirlyMan', aren't you? Watching freakin dramas Big Grin

Hell, you shoulda seen me before the testosterone replacement therapy. Girly was into gardening and cooking and crochet and embroidery. ... Still sometimes relapse with a little cross-stitching. Wink

Please tell me you don't watch 'rom coms' cos if you do, that means I just might have to give you a neg rep to cancel out the pos rep I just gave you yesterday (which, by the way, hasn't updated properly Sad ) Tongue

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
18-03-2012, 04:23 PM
(17-03-2012 11:00 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  
(17-03-2012 10:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Hell, you shoulda seen me before the testosterone replacement therapy. ...

Please tell me you don't watch 'rom coms' cos if you do, ...

Well, at least not since the TRT. Blush