Is there anything wrong with being a whore?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Is there anything wrong with being a whore?
I notice a lot of the general public tend to have issues with people who have had too many partners in the past. Women seemed to be scrutinized more so than men, but nevertheless both are given demeaning titles by most.

I for one do feel a slight sexual jealousy knowing that my significant other has had other partners in the past, yet so have I I don't view her any less. I simply ignore the feeling as some nature instinct that still apart of my biological self.

Ethically speaking, is there anything wrong with sleeping with who you want, when you want, and how you want? Under the circumstances that if relationships do come about, you do not cheat, and you take proper precautions with avoiding STDs/spreading STDs. (AKA not sleeping with just anyone--I know this can have subjective meaning.)

For the record I have had many partners, and so has my girlfriend. I do not have a problem with it. We are not here to discuss how I feel about her or my sexual activity, rather the idea as a whole. So, is there anything ethically wrong with not "limiting" yourself I ask you TTA community?

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: Is there anything wrong with being a whore?
Ethically?
Wrong?

No.

No

20-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Your body is your property.... tis up to you what you do with it.

Other people can judge you but ultimately the most important judge is yourself.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
20-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Andrew Dice Clay was fond of doing a bit in his standup. He would find a young couple in the front row. He'd ask the guy:
Clay: Is that your girlfriend?
Guy: Yes (acting all proud and boyfriend-ish)
Clay: Is she good in bed?
Guy: Yes (laughing and proud and pleased that he can compliment his girlfriend)
Clay: Ever wonder how she got that way?
Guy: (Silent, not laughing anymore)

Me, I don't really care. I like a woman who knows what she's doing. I don't worry about where she learned it or how many past lovers she has. All I care about is that I'm her one and only right now. Heck, I'm even open on that point, as long as I'm included, but I'm pretty adamant that cheating is wrong - if you can't be faithful to a person then don't make any commitments about faithfulness in the first place.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Let's get one thing straight:

Sleeping with who you want, when you want, where you want etc. does not make a whore.

A whore sells sex for money.

I don't have issues with either thing, people should do what fits their personality.

Being a whore must get real old real soon though I think. Money usually takes the fun out of things, unless money is the fun in and of itself.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
20-11-2012, 11:38 AM
If you're keeping yourself safe, and no one's getting hurt, I say get your fuck on every chance you get.

Sex is fun. Sex feels good. Sex is great exercise. Sex is good for your health, both physical and mental.

Do it. Do it often. Enjoy it. Don't hurt anyone. That's it.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
20-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Dom,

Amen sister!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
20-11-2012, 12:03 PM
(20-10-2012 11:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I find questions about whether or not something is morally or ethically correct redundant. Why? Because both of them are completely subjective.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
20-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Crud, this thread is making me uncomfortable about my sig...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
20-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Well, there s no moral problem since you are not stealing property or using violence.

In terms of health, absolutely not- you can catch all kinds of life debilitating STDs/STIs or an unwanted baby- either of which would be an equally horrible thing to experience. You don't want a killed foetus or an STD on your shoulder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why is something not being normal make it become wrong? kunoxian drive 10 407 26-12-2013 12:11 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Where Nietzsche Went Wrong. Dark Light 14 2,108 24-11-2013 08:27 AM
Last Post: Philo
  what if our current views are wrong? Nappa 117 2,738 05-02-2013 11:15 PM
Last Post: Thedude5555
  why is it "wrong" to hit a woman? namiloveyou 64 2,901 08-01-2013 01:38 PM
Last Post: namiloveyou
  The wrong question Bucky Ball 15 891 06-09-2012 08:17 AM
Last Post: Logica Humano