Is this a good argument against Creationists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2015, 03:01 AM
Creationists say that the Bible is completely infallible and 100% true. Genesis is their most holy part of the book.

umm...first off.

They would agree with this statement.

Genesis 6:3

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."

So god said no one can live past 120, 120 is the maximum life span for any human.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

So, what would they have to say about that? 120 = the end...+2=still alive does not compute. There are currently a dozen or so people who are pushing 110+

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2015, 03:36 AM
RE: Is this a good argument against Creationists?
(14-06-2015 03:01 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Creationists say that the Bible is completely infallible and 100% true. Genesis is their most holy part of the book.

umm...first off.

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years."

So god said no one can live past 120, 120 is the maximum life span for any human.

So, what would they have to say about that? 120 = the end...+2=still alive does not compute. There are currently a dozen or so people who are pushing 110+

Oh, you're just taking it out of context.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
14-06-2015, 03:37 AM
We know.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-06-2015, 03:43 AM
If they would really consider Bible as holy and done and believe everything that is written in it then such argument might be relevant. As it stand it means nothing.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-06-2015, 03:44 AM
(14-06-2015 03:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  If they would really consider Bible as holy and done and believe everything that is written in it then such argument might be relevant. As it stand it means nothing.

Agreed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-06-2015, 03:50 AM
(14-06-2015 03:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 03:01 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Creationists say that the Bible is completely infallible and 100% true. Genesis is their most holy part of the book.

umm...first off.

Oh, you're just taking it out of context.

lol... I would LOVE to see a theist mental gymnastic their way through it though.

Most of all, explain it too me.

New living Translation:
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

International Standard Version
So the LORD said, "My Spirit won't remain with human beings forever, because they're truly mortal. Their lifespan will be 120 years."

GOD'S WORD Translation...what are we going to trust..GODS WORD? Or King JAMES'S word?
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not struggle with humans forever, because they are flesh and blood. They will live 120 years."

HA! Checkmate theists! Laughat

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
14-06-2015, 03:53 AM
(14-06-2015 03:50 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 03:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh, you're just taking it out of context.

lol... I would LOVE to see a theist mental gymnastic their way through it though.

Most of all, explain it too me.

New living Translation:
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years."

So the LORD said, "My Spirit won't remain with human beings forever, because they're truly mortal. Their lifespan will be 120 years."

GOD'S WORD Translation...what are we going to trust..GODS WORD? Or King JAMES'S word?
Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not struggle with humans forever, because they are flesh and blood. They will live 120 years."

HA! Checkmate theists! Laughat

Original sin, metaphor and non believer can not comprehend god infinite wisdom contained in these verses.

Checkmate atehists Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-06-2015, 06:05 AM
They'll claim the proof of birth is wrong and a lie. They'll say it was so long ago you can't believe the paper!

Yes, 120 years ago = too much can go wrong
2000 years ago = obviously it's real
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
14-06-2015, 06:24 AM
(14-06-2015 03:50 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  New living Translation:

So doesn't that mean no afterlife? If his spirit won't have to put up with humans for more than 120 years and we are "truly mortal", where does eternity come into the picture?

And if he doesn't want to put up with humans for more than 120 years, why does he let them keep breeding? Sounds like he just gets bored with any single human after a while but if we're that bad, why not create something else instead? Doesn't sound like a very intelligent or capable god to me.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Just look within Genesis itself to find the contrary to this with Noah and Adam living like 900 years.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post