Is this a good or bad sign?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Had an interview with at&t today. A couple of questions I was not fully prepared for with full answers, and I think I may had looked around too much or not made enough eye contact. I also didn't ask a lot of questions about the company at the end. It ended with two things. He gave me his card and asked if I had any further questions to give him a call, but he also said they would be in contact after talking to the other applicants, or however it is he phrased it. Normally people don't get business cards and are asked to call them if the interview went bad. So I am getting mixed results here. I don't think it went very well. What do you guys think?

Which one sends the better message? The contact us if you have questions good sign or the we will call ya later bad sign?

I am leaning to bad. Sad

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: Is this a good or bad sign?
Coming from someone who has had many job interviews before I can tell you that what you think happened is nothing like reality. Think it went well? yeah the interviewer didn't, no job for you. Think it went rubbish and actually went to the wrong job interview (this actually happened to me)? The interviewer liked you, job offer for you.

There is no point worrying about it, if we say "oh it sounds like it went fantastic you're guaranteed the job!" it's meaningless and would do nothing but get your hopes up (only to have them crushed when you don't get the job) and likewise if we say it went bad.

Just don't think about, if you get a call back you get a call back it doesn't matter what you or any of us think it's either gonna be or it's not.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-05-2015, 09:59 PM
(10-05-2015 09:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Had an interview with at&t today. A couple of questions I was not fully prepared for with full answers, and I think I may had looked around too much or not made enough eye contact. I also didn't ask a lot of questions about the company at the end. It ended with two things. He gave me his card and asked if I had any further questions to give him a call, but he also said they would be in contact after talking to the other applicants, or however it is he phrased it. Normally people don't get business cards and are asked to call them if the interview went bad. So I am getting mixed results here. I don't think it went very well. What do you guys think?

Which one sends the better message? The contact us if you have questions good sign or the we will call ya later bad sign?

I am leaning to bad. Sad

I think it's normal to over think things after an interview--and think ugh, why didn't I say this or why didn't I ask that etc. I am sure you did a lot better than you think you did!

Giving you his business card, saying they would be in contact after talking to other applicants, saying you can call if you have any questions are all pretty standard ways to end an interview---in my experience. I think it's kind of hard to read anything into that one way or the other.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
11-05-2015, 05:59 AM
(10-05-2015 09:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Giving you his business card, saying they would be in contact after talking to other applicants, saying you can call if you have any questions are all pretty standard ways to end an interview---in my experience. I think it's kind of hard to read anything into that one way or the other.

That.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-05-2015, 06:16 AM
I tend to over prepare for interviews and grade myself harshly over minute details. If you need a confidence booster, give these phrases a try:

"Hold on, I'm a let you finish, but I just gave the best interview responses of all time."

"It's basically a formality at this point, I kinda feel bad for the other candidates."

"I am the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end of all necessary interviews."

"I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

If you don't feel better after those, I'm not sure I can help you Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
11-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Agree with the others --

The only guarantee that you've got the job is the magic words ---

"You're hired"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Me personally I used to actually interview people for positions at my company, to be perfectly honest I was always a little suspicious of the "professional" interviewer the ones that aren't nervous at all and have perfect answers to all the questions. To me this shows they have been through a ton of interviews recently for the same type of position. I find that job history and stability along with the answers to the questions is what sways me one way or another. Even if the answer isn't the best I still look to see if you at least understood the question in of it self. I had plenty of candidates where I would ask the question but the answer I received had nothing to do with the question at all.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
11-05-2015, 07:33 AM
(11-05-2015 06:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Agree with the others --

The only guarantee that you've got the job is the magic words ---

"You're hired"...

Nope. The only guarantee you have is "sign at the dotted line and the job is yours".

[Image: oscar.png]
11-05-2015, 07:55 AM
(10-05-2015 09:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Giving you his business card, saying they would be in contact after talking to other applicants, saying you can call if you have any questions are all pretty standard ways to end an interview---in my experience. I think it's kind of hard to read anything into that one way or the other.

It really is hard to tell from that! I've had interviews that ended that similarly and I never heard from them again. I've also had a few in my life that ended similarly and I got the job.

I'd keep a positive view on it, but also look for others. Always look for more until someone has you sign the dotted line Smile You never know what you can find!

"Science doesn't know everything, and doesn't claim to. Religion knows nothing, but claims to know all"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2015, 09:04 AM
(10-05-2015 09:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Had an interview with at&t today. A couple of questions I was not fully prepared for with full answers, and I think I may had looked around too much or not made enough eye contact. I also didn't ask a lot of questions about the company at the end.

It's not that unusual to get asked a curve ball just to see how you react. As long as you didn't ask what they did as a company, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac