Is this about real politics?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Is this about real politics?
Right lads, I am an Irishman who tends to take an interest in domestic and international politics but here it seems to relate less to the whole poltics and bashing groups and bullshit that would only be found in the tabloids.... can I ask is there any real point of me asking questions about real politics? like why cant we get some agreement in the EU, Anglo-Irish relations, separatism around the world, etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Is this about real politics?
You most certainly ask such a question.
The regulars here are decent politically minded people it's just that the regulars here don't create threads here.
We just respond to all the trolls and randoms that make threads.

If you were to create such a thread it would be a nice change of pace actually and you might find that you will be able to get a good conversation going. At least until the thread gets derailed because people don't know how to just ignore the 14 year old troll or cult member troll.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-10-2014, 03:52 PM
(21-10-2014 03:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You most certainly ask such a question.
The regulars here are decent politically minded people it's just that the regulars here don't create threads here.

If you were to create such a thread it would be a nice change of pace actually and you might find that you will be able to get a good conversation going. At least until the thread gets derailed because people don't know how to just ignore the 14 year old troll or cult member troll.

We had a fairly balanced and well rounded discussion of the recent Scottish Independence vote. I actually changed my view from a mild yes to a firm no due to what was shown here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-10-2014, 03:56 PM
(21-10-2014 03:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 03:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You most certainly ask such a question.

We had a fairly balanced and well rounded discussion of the recent Scottish Independence vote. I actually changed my view from a mild yes to a firm no due to what was shown here.

True dat.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-10-2014, 04:03 PM
(21-10-2014 03:40 PM)Tavos Wrote:  Right lads, I am an Irishman who tends to take an interest in domestic and international politics but here it seems to relate less to the whole poltics and bashing groups and bullshit that would only be found in the tabloids.... can I ask is there any real point of me asking questions about real politics? like why cant we get some agreement in the EU, Anglo-Irish relations, separatism around the world, etc.

But... The basis of politics is bullshitting, so how can we politic without bullshit?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-10-2014, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2014 09:50 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-10-2014 03:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you were to create such a thread it would be a nice change of pace actually and you might find that you will be able to get a good conversation going. At least until the thread gets derailed because people don't know how to just ignore the 14 year old troll or cult member troll.

Skewering Luminon is both a spectator sport and a public service for the internet. Sleepy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-10-2014, 08:07 AM
(21-10-2014 03:40 PM)Tavos Wrote:  Right lads, I am an Irishman who tends to take an interest in domestic and international politics but here it seems to relate less to the whole poltics and bashing groups and bullshit that would only be found in the tabloids.... can I ask is there any real point of me asking questions about real politics? like why cant we get some agreement in the EU, Anglo-Irish relations, separatism around the world, etc.

It is about real politics until the libertarians and anarcho-capitalists show up and fly us off to fantasy island. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-10-2014, 08:09 AM
(22-10-2014 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  

It is about real politics until the libertarians and anarcho-capitalists show up and fly us off to fantasy island. Drinking Beverage

You mean to tell me you don't like rights?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-10-2014, 08:19 AM
(22-10-2014 08:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is about real politics until the libertarians and anarcho-capitalists show up and fly us off to fantasy island. Drinking Beverage

You mean to tell me you don't like rights?!

I mean to tell you I like reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2014, 08:25 AM
(22-10-2014 08:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 08:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You mean to tell me you don't like rights?!

I mean to tell you I like reality.

But wouldn't it be better to have magic rights that you could arbitrarily enforce?

... I don't know enough of their stuff to try to parody...