Is this advert sexist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Is this advert sexist?
Vosur may remeber this one.

It`s an advert that was playd on German TV and in some other countries some time ago for a lube that has stimulating properties that increase sexual pleasure for women.

And some argue that it is sexist:

I bought it though.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Is this advert sexist?
Nope. It makes Puritans uncomfortable because it shows women possibly enjoying their bodies and sexual stimulation.

Sexist is a loaded term used to add leverage to a point of view.

Excuse me, now, I have to take this laptop to the bathroom for further review after review...
[+] 2 users Like Regular_Joe's post
31-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Sexist? I don't see why.

Misleading? Yes. It's really not that great.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
31-01-2014, 05:48 PM
This advert was also on UK television. Personally I don't think it's sexist. The lube must have some special properties to solicit such reactions from the ladies in question. Or they are exaggerating. You say you bought it. Have you tested it yet?

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
31-01-2014, 05:51 PM
(31-01-2014 05:48 PM)Marozz Wrote:  This advert was also on UK television. Personally I don't think it's sexist. The lube must have some special properties to solicit such reactions from the ladies in question. Or they are exaggerating. You say you bought it. Have you tested it yet?

Nope, most women seem to be uncomfortable using it.

I bought it with some chocolate body paint, which worked out far better.

(31-01-2014 05:44 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  Nope. It makes Puritans uncomfortable because it shows women possibly enjoying their bodies and sexual stimulation.

Sexist is a loaded term used to add leverage to a point of view.

Excuse me, now, I have to take this laptop to the bathroom for further review after review...

Just my opinion aswell, but weirdly enought the kind of people who I know to critizise it arent conservative or religious, but people who would call themselves progressive.

[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
31-01-2014, 05:53 PM
(31-01-2014 05:51 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:48 PM)Marozz Wrote:  This advert was also on UK television. Personally I don't think it's sexist. The lube must have some special properties to solicit such reactions from the ladies in question. Or they are exaggerating. You say you bought it. Have you tested it yet?

Nope, most women seem to be uncomfortable using it.

What do you mean? They don't want to?

-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-01-2014, 05:55 PM
(31-01-2014 05:48 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sexist? I don't see why.

So you tried it, I never did, it is easier to convince someone into wiping my ass with some leather in my expirience.

Anyway. Misleading? Well what did you expect, it`s an advert, which by it`s very definition means that it is trying to bullshit you.

31-01-2014, 06:02 PM
(31-01-2014 05:55 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:48 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sexist? I don't see why.

So you tried it, I never did, it is easier to convince someone into wiping my ass with some leather in my expirience.

Anyway. Misleading? Well what did you expect, it`s an advert, which by it`s very definition means that it is trying to bullshit you.

Well, I wouldn't even say it's a lube. It's so tiny it can hardly serve as a lube. And it doesn't feel really good. Yes, it does have stimulating properties but rather on the side of pain, not pleasure. It's like "Do I like this? I can't tell."

Misleading. Well, let me put it this way. Very very very misleading. Better? Tongue

I still don't see why it should be considered sexist. Isn't sex all about pleasure for both parties?

-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-01-2014, 06:08 PM
(31-01-2014 06:02 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well, I wouldn't even say it's a lube. It's so tiny it can hardly serve as a lube. And it doesn't feel really good. Yes, it does have stimulating properties but rather on the side of pain, not pleasure. It's like "Do I like this? I can't tell."

If it`s painfull for men, it would serve my purpose.

I dont even know if I still have it, or if I can still use it.

Actualy I forgot about it until I somehow rememberd this advert.

I use food for stimulation and it is far more effective than anything else I tried so far.

Quote:Misleading. Well, let me put it this way. Very very very misleading. Better? Tongue

I still don't see why it should be considered sexist. Isn't sex all about pleasure for both parties?

Objectification of women. Which is nonsence, considering that the women in the advert arent even models but the women who worked on developing the product.

31-01-2014, 06:46 PM
No of course not.
It's cleaver actually.

The thing about sexism is that the people that scream sexism are always feminist bitches who are just batshit crazy because they can't keep a boyfriend for longer then 2 weeks (because of their batshit crazy-ness, it's a vicious cycle.)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post