Is this almost the perfect religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: Is this almost the perfect religion?
(03-05-2016 04:43 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think there's a perfect religion...
If only Atheism could be classified as a religion.

It's not even an "ism" just a label really.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 06:01 PM
(03-05-2016 05:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 04:43 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think there's a perfect religion...
If only Atheism could be classified as a religion.

It's not even an "ism" just a label really.

And that's why it's the perfect religion.
Because it's not a religion. Because religion is stupid and it's always better to not have it than to have it.

Atheism is to religion like not having a STD is to herpes.
The question is not "maybe I should get crabs because it's not as bad as herpes" the question is "I really just shouldn't get any STD".

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
03-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Is this almost the perfect religion?
Make up your own god(s).
Write book(s).
It worked for others, like L. Ron Hubbard, Joseph Smith, etc. They were full of shit and they ended up with money & power. You're just aiming too low.
03-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Every religion all shares the same two characteristics. The first is that there is a belief in a deity and with that comes dogma that you are not allowed to question or be punished for it. The second is that they have zero evidence for their claims. oh I just thought of another, they all lack the ability to change. Once a religion is established its laws are permanent. Which means that what is moral today will still be moral in ten thousand years and same thing goes for ten thousand years ago is for today.

Which means if raping a woman and a woman being under the command of their husband and having no rights what so ever like what Kirk Cameron believes is rightfully moral was the norm ten thousand years ago when the religion was first established, that means that the same is still true today because "god" decreed it so and only those who are brain damaged by the DISEASE of religion could ever possibly nod their head in blind moronic approval of such a barbaric and immoral way of thinking.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-05-2016, 11:21 PM
(03-05-2016 03:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I am not a Christian, but I want to believe in God so bad.

Why? God is just another drug, one which happen to be legal.

(03-05-2016 03:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I can name dozens and dozens of errors in the bible; such as smashing babies against the rocks (Psalms 137:9), mauling 42 little children for making fun of a bald man (2 Kings 2:23-24), and forcing a rape victim to marry the rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).

Those aren't errors. Idiotic stories or real if reprehensible practice in case of marriage one is more fitting name.

(03-05-2016 03:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  So I knew about this religion called Baha'i and I've been studying it for a while. It's a monotheistic religion and it's almost perfect.

It being religion mean that is is as far from perfection as it is possible.

(03-05-2016 03:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  Before you guys rant, those were the ONLY errors I found in the book. It doesn't say to stone people for picking up sticks, or kill gays. Are these really errors?

Those aren't errors. But I don't see how this religion could be almost perfect.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-05-2016, 12:58 AM
Perfect religion is one that is true. If not true, doesn't matter how pretty it is. If true, but ugly, you can't change it. How will you decide if it's true?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-05-2016, 02:41 AM
Gwynnite is the perfect religion. Baha'i not so much.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-05-2016, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 03:01 AM by Free Thought.)
(03-05-2016 03:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  I am not a Christian, but I want to believe in God so bad. I can name dozens and dozens of errors in the bible; such as smashing babies against the rocks (Psalms 137:9), mauling 42 little children for making fun of a bald man (2 Kings 2:23-24), and forcing a rape victim to marry the rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29). I can't make myself believe it.

So I knew about this religion called Baha'i and I've been studying it for a while. It's a monotheistic religion and it's almost perfect. I only noticed TWO errors in the entire book, but I'm not sure if they are errors. The first one says that all possessions of the deceased go to the first born male and not female. My brain automatically thinks of sexism, but I'm not so sure. I know about kings and queens giving their deceased possessions to the first male. I'm not sure if it's tradition or sexism.

The second error says not to take more than two wives, BUT one will only be happy with one wife or none. I still don't know what to think.

Before you guys rant, those were the ONLY errors I found in the book. It doesn't say to stone people for picking up sticks, or kill gays. Are these really errors?

I would just like to say the things you mention in the bible are not errors. Good error examples would be the two conflicting orders of creation in Genesis, Genesis in general really, or who was ruling when Mary popped out her magical ghost-rape spawn.
Is smashing the heads of babies on rocks, and hamstringing the livestock, and forcing a rapist to pay 50 bucks to live forever with his victim wrong? I'd say so, because that's kind of dickish, but they aren't errors. The writers meant that shit.

(03-05-2016 03:05 PM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  The first one says that all possessions of the deceased go to the first born male and not female. My brain automatically thinks of sexism, but I'm not so sure. I know about kings and queens giving their deceased possessions to the first male. I'm not sure if it's tradition or sexism.

I believe the word you are looking for here is 'both'.

As for whether Baha'i is the perfect religion or not... I don't know much about it, but I can state unequivocally that it is not.
'Perfect' does not exist in any meaningful sense; it is a pointless phrase, which shifts meaning between person to person effectively infinitely, and even alters in people over time.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-05-2016, 04:28 AM
(04-05-2016 02:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnite is the perfect religion. Baha'i not so much.

Glad to have you back. Thumbsup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-05-2016, 04:30 AM
(04-05-2016 04:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 02:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnite is the perfect religion. Baha'i not so much.

Glad to have you back. Thumbsup

My game's down for server update. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user