Is this almost the perfect religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 04:32 AM
RE: Is this almost the perfect religion?
(04-05-2016 04:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 04:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Glad to have you back. Thumbsup

My game's down for server update. Tongue

Well it was fun while it lasted lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 04:41 AM
(04-05-2016 04:32 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 04:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  My game's down for server update. Tongue

Well it was fun while it lasted lol

Already preached the gospel of Gwynnite. Problem being, ya really have to be dead to be taken seriously as a prophet. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-05-2016, 06:45 AM
(04-05-2016 02:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnite is the perfect religion. Baha'i not so much.

Can you explain this religion to me, and where I can find their holy book.
04-05-2016, 06:53 AM
(04-05-2016 06:45 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 02:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnite is the perfect religion. Baha'i not so much.

I don't think they have a holy book, per se, but just go with anything written by Gwyneth Paltrow (Gwynnies) and you'll have a sacred text.

You see, HouseofCantor is the Gwynnite prophet.

... Don't try to make sense of it. Better men than we have tried and failed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-05-2016, 07:00 AM
(04-05-2016 06:45 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-05-2016, 07:09 AM
(03-05-2016 05:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 04:43 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think there's a perfect religion...
If only Atheism could be classified as a religion.

It's not even an "ism" just a label really.

First Church of Atheism

Atheist Church articles

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-05-2016, 07:14 AM
I did once read an article of the perfect religion .. called fictionology and the gist is you make up whatever it is you like. One man has his belief in batman. It was a highlighted fictionology convention.

This article may or may not of been from The Onion.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-05-2016, 07:23 AM
(04-05-2016 07:09 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 05:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  If only Atheism could be classified as a religion.

It's not even an "ism" just a label really.

First Church of Atheism

Atheist Church articles

I don't think that makes atheism a religion. It simply doesn't meet the criteria. There are no doctrines or specific rules or gods or special rituals or practices (including prayer) or anything. Being an atheist is just a default position. It is to not choose any deity. It is to not believe or be convinced of a deity at the moment.

Some atheists like to gather in a church-like setting because they like the sense of community. They enjoyed the gathering and singing in church when they were a Christian and would like to do something similar with like-minded people. So they'll come together, sing secular songs, and listen to someone talk about maybe something inspiring, motivational, or uplifting.

Implying that atheism is a religion is just incorrect.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
04-05-2016, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 07:53 AM by Tomasia.)
(04-05-2016 07:23 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 07:09 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  First Church of Atheism

Atheist Church articles

I don't think that makes atheism a religion. It simply doesn't meet the criteria. There are no doctrines or specific rules or gods or special rituals or practices (including prayer) or anything. Being an atheist is just a default position. It is to not choose any deity. It is to not believe or be convinced of a deity at the moment.

Some atheists like to gather in a church-like setting because they like the sense of community. They enjoyed the gathering and singing in church when they were a Christian and would like to do something similar with like-minded people. So they'll come together, sing secular songs, and listen to someone talk about maybe something inspiring, motivational, or uplifting.

Implying that atheism is a religion is just incorrect.

I was partly joshing, but partly not.

Atheism has meant a variety of different things to different people. Christians were called atheists by their critics. For some their atheism means a lack a belief in God, for others their atheism means a belief that God does not exist. And about 10% of self-identifying atheists surveyed recently by the pew, claim to believe in God. Clearly whatever meaning they associate with the label, doesn't even require not believing in God.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-atheists/

Clearly folks here are vying to be ultimate arbiter of the meaning of the word, according to how they understand it, and perhaps they'll have considerable influence on how it will be predominately defined in the future, but who knows.

There is also a considerable deal of conflict, in regards to the meaning of theism and atheism. Theism has had several thousand years to mark it's territory, extending to an extensive amount of forms as to what theism means, pantheism, deism, scholastic theism, etc.... You have folks who see the word God, as implying a belief in a cosmic sky daddy, and therefore declare they lack a belief in God, while subscribing to some form of theistic worldview, just not in name. Akin to those who label themselves atheists, but claim to also believe in God, but in reality are just closeted theists.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."