Is this argument a Gish Gallop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Is this argument a Gish Gallop
(25-02-2015 10:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 04:35 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Hrrm.. so angels then, but no independently created species?

I don't know if there are--it seems likely there would be based on the size of the universe--but yet again, speculation from men is answered in the Bible's presentation.

I'm not following what is meant here. Does the Bible contain this information? Do you think those other created species if they exist are Christian? Did Jesus come down to each of them to save them?

When I was a believer to be honest I thought this was a good argument for exploration of the universe. Just as the Jews could be God's chosen people in the world the size of the universe suggested to me that we as a planet might be God's chosen species in the galaxy. Go forth and preach the word, I thought Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: Is this argument a Gish Gallop
(26-02-2015 06:42 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 10:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't know if there are--it seems likely there would be based on the size of the universe--but yet again, speculation from men is answered in the Bible's presentation.

I'm not following what is meant here. Does the Bible contain this information? Do you think those other created species if they exist are Christian? Did Jesus come down to each of them to save them?

When I was a believer to be honest I thought this was a good argument for exploration of the universe. Just as the Jews could be God's chosen people in the world the size of the universe suggested to me that we as a planet might be God's chosen species in the galaxy. Go forth and preach the word, I thought Smile

This planet was chosen to have Jesus. Sure. If aliens are able to monitor Earth communications, they can see in the Bible where Jesus offers universal atonement. Literally universal. They can respond to the Bible, just as millions of Gentiles have responded to a Jewish Messiah. Why not?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply