Is this even true?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Is this even true?
Does the U.S government really assassinate civilians? and if so what for?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Is this even true?
(03-02-2015 02:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Does the U.S government really assassinate civilians? and if so what for?

If I told you the answer, I would have to kill you.

Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
03-02-2015, 03:19 PM
(03-02-2015 02:53 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 02:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Does the U.S government really assassinate civilians? and if so what for?

If I told you the answer, I would have to kill you.

Big Grin

Is this true? Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Your statement is too vague.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-02-2015, 04:12 PM
My first thought was, citizens of America or citizens of other countries?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
(03-02-2015 04:12 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  My first thought was, citizens of America or citizens of other countries?

I know.

War? CIA?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-02-2015, 05:01 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if there was the occasional assassination of 'high-risk' individuals of other nations these days.

But I doubt the US would target it's own citizens or would even do it very often anyway.

I know back in the Cold War the US was most likely behind a good deal of 'mysterious disappearances' of key civilians.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-02-2015, 05:05 PM

Depends on how you define "civilian".

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-02-2015, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 05:25 PM by Free Thought.)
(03-02-2015 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Depends on how you define "civilian".

"A civilian under the laws of war (also known as international humanitarian law) is a person who is not a member of his or her country's armed forces or militias or who is not taking a direct part of hostilities in an armed conflict." - Wikipedia.

If the terrorist-recruiter allegations were accurate (I didn't read that far), than arguably he could be defined as a member of a hostile militia, and thus not a civilian...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
This topic was touched upon in "the threat of islam" thread in the politics section zeke. Maybe you should have a look over there.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.