Poll: Should this photographer face legal action?
Yes
No
I'm undecided
I have no idea, I'm only voting so I don't feel left out
[Show Results]

Is this fair?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Is this fair?
(18-10-2013 01:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:28 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I'm just going by what you gave me. You said he was under contract, which means both parties were in agreement. What happens after the fact makes no difference.

conTACTed not conTRACTed

That reminds me: never go against KC in a WordsWithFriends match. He'll kick your arse that Mr. Pedantic. Dodgy Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 01:33 PM
(18-10-2013 01:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:28 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I'm just going by what you gave me. You said he was under contract, which means both parties were in agreement. What happens after the fact makes no difference.

conTACTed not conTRACTed
oh boy...that happens sometimes to me. oops. Okay I would like to revise my statement. If the christian organization contacts him he has every right to decline his services regardless.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
18-10-2013, 01:34 PM
(18-10-2013 01:33 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  conTACTed not conTRACTed
oh boy...that happens sometimes to me. oops. Okay I would like to revise my statement. If the christian organization contacts him he has every right to decline his services regardless.

Not regardless.

By law it can't be because of a federally protected status.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-10-2013, 01:35 PM
The photographer has the right to refuse the contract but if he did enter the contract without researching the organization he is obligated to it's terms...If that means refunds or w/e... Unless he has some sort of bigot clause in his contract dude needs to suck it up and focus on focusing.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and do your job despite the overarching moral implications.... I hate drug testing and I think it's a violation of privacy but I built a site for a drug test manufacturer cause it's my job.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2013, 01:35 PM
(18-10-2013 01:33 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:30 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  conTACTed not conTRACTed

That reminds me: never go against KC in a WordsWithFriends match. He'll kick your arse that Mr. Pedantic. Dodgy Tongue

lol.

I haven't play that in forever. Might have to start back up.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
18-10-2013, 01:40 PM
(18-10-2013 01:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:33 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  That reminds me: never go against KC in a WordsWithFriends match. He'll kick your arse that Mr. Pedantic. Dodgy Tongue

lol.

I haven't play that in forever. Might have to start back up.

PlayED. That, and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

[Image: plaid-44.png]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
18-10-2013, 01:40 PM
(18-10-2013 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:33 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  oh boy...that happens sometimes to me. oops. Okay I would like to revise my statement. If the christian organization contacts him he has every right to decline his services regardless.

Not regardless.

I see what you mean now. yes. There was also a case of christian wedding cake maker refused their service for homosextual weddings. The cake makers do have a right to refuse. If the photographer didn't make that claim he would have been okay. Photographers and other service providers are busy, they can't accept every job that comes their way.

18-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Do you have an article? You're confusing me now. He was CONTACTED (I read words funny sometimes) by a christian organisation and LATER he found out it was opposed to gay marriage. So that tells me that he initially DID accept the job before he learned about them. Sometimes a verbal agreement is enough.

18-10-2013, 01:48 PM
(18-10-2013 01:44 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Do you have an article? You're confusing me now. He was CONTACTED (I read words funny sometimes) by a christian organisation and LATER he found out it was opposed to gay marriage. So that tells me that he initially DID accept the job before he learned about them. Sometimes a verbal agreement is enough.

Someone was telling me about it when I was drunk the other night. Hence me being a little hazy on the details.

From what I remember I think he said no to begin with (though I admit I wasn't overly clear on that in the OP) based on a moral objection to their organisation's views.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-10-2013, 01:49 PM
(18-10-2013 01:40 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not regardless.

I see what you mean now. yes. There was also a case of christian wedding cake maker refused their service for homosextual weddings. The cake makers do have a right to refuse. If the photographer didn't make that claim he would have been okay. Photographers and other service providers are busy, they can't accept every job that comes their way.

Here's the crappy part in that, though. The Christian cake makers could (or did?) claim that their denial of homosexuals is because of their religion, so they are legal.

US law is effed up sometimes.