Is this how a creationist lobbyist thinks?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: Is this how a creationist lobbyist thinks?
If you find a non-stupid creatard post that. That would be news.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
01-06-2017, 07:44 PM
I find it scary, coming from an almost wholly liberal country, that she can effectively lobby her viewpoint into the Educational System. Absolutely terrifying.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
01-06-2017, 08:34 PM

Yeah...

...I don't really know how to comment on this...
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
01-06-2017, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 09:11 PM by dancefortwo.)
(01-06-2017 01:58 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  He didn't mention dragons but he did go on, at length, about the Piltdown Man fraud and how that negates any science done on human evolution.

Funny thing about Piltdown Man. The Oxford archaeologist/historian/scientist E. T. Hall, who debunked Piltdown Man as a fraud, was one of the scientists who tested the Shroud of Turin and dated it as a fraud from the 13th century.

I've had such a good time pointing this out to theists who bring up Piltdown Man. Snicker-snicker. Tongue

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/aug/22/local/me-36923

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-06-2017, 03:47 AM
Just spent the last few minutes looking up on Wendy Wright...what a fucking loon.

How is this women in such a high position of power?

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
02-06-2017, 05:09 AM
(01-06-2017 02:25 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 01:58 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Sparrow was an affable, humorous, jocular fellow, not at all like the shrill and brittle Wright, but still, his ideas about creationism were about the same as hers. He didn't mention dragons but he did go on, at length, about the Piltdown Man fraud and how that negates any science done on human evolution.

It wasn't a creationist that discovered the Piltdown hoax. Drinking Beverage

Yes, I made that clear to him during the discussion; that the fraud was discovered by scientists. Didn't make any difference to him, nor did I expect it to.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
02-06-2017, 08:48 AM
(01-06-2017 01:58 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I left the evening with a terrible feeling that people like Wright and Sparrow had influence on the education system.
For an example of how this influence can be far-reaching and long-lasting, look into the history behind why Russia was, for a long time, denying the science of genetics. Turns out that Stalin, who hated elites / academics, elevated common peasants to lead the various state science ministries. The guy in charge of biology was quite the Trumpian self-promoter and boasted of how his work on raising peas would so improve productivity that it would eliminate famine. His sole education was a correspondence degree.

This guy caught Stalin's ear and with Stalin's blessing began a campaign against genetics, in part because established science on genetics would expose him for the fraud that he was. For decades, to be for genetics was to be against the state. They eventually worked their way out of this, but it took a LONG time.
02-06-2017, 10:47 AM
(02-06-2017 03:47 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Just spent the last few minutes looking up on Wendy Wright...what a fucking loon.

How is this women in such a high position of power?

It's The American Way™ After all, look at the loon we have now for President. (Sorry, (bird) loons!)
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-06-2017, 11:39 AM
If you think this is bad, watch "A Flock of Dodos".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
02-06-2017, 06:50 PM
(02-06-2017 11:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  If you think this is bad, watch "A Flock of Dodos".

When I read that, my brain furnished the phrase "A Flock of Dildos". Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post