Is this permissible by state and federal law under the U.S. Constitution?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 09:39 PM
RE: Is this permissible by state and federal law under the U.S. Constitution?
(07-02-2014 07:18 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 05:04 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  Get the hell out of these government indoctrination camps immediately!

Of course it's not legal to make you put your bag in the hall, but "there's a policy" so you'd better.

I love the "no drugs" comments while we all know that schools are full of caffeine and cigarettes carried around casually.

Cause a stir! Tell them you do not consent to a search of yourself or your belongings. Ask if you're free to go or if you are being detained. Then leave if you can.

This is long term programming so a future generation will sheepishly open their front doors when their neighborhood is placed in lock down for its own security.

Fight back! Film the police! Say NO!

Free Talk Live Radio Program

School Sucks Project

Cop Block

Lol, how is this 'programming' for future illegal search of a persons house?

The school is not yours, it's not public property, it's a government owned building. I'm not happy about the searching of bags, but you're overreacting. That being said, they should have an alternative to bag search, like leaving the property or something.

Also, filming the police in public is legal, but not necessarily in private owned properties that aren't open to the general public.

LOL? Teach an entire generation to submit to a government power so when that same generation comes of age, the submissive behavior is common and accepted. After the Boston bombing police demanded people out of their homes for searches. May not seem like anything to you, congratulations, your conditioning is complete.

The school is mine (supposedly). Not sure where you live, but here they're actually called, wait for it, "public" schools. And some people send their kids to, wait for it a again, "private" schools. Can you cypher the difference on your own? LOL

Filming public officials in public places is legal. Filming public officials in private buildings with the property owner's permission is legal. LOL

You're young, you'll live to see the truth of this reality. Maybe, though, you'll join a police force and be above it all?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
07-02-2014, 09:44 PM
(07-02-2014 07:52 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I find the bags being put in the hallway unacceptable.

Agreed, that was the part that bothered me the most, and seemed to be crossing a line Confused
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I think that is a question for your local ACLU, UA. Look them up and call them up and ask.

PS: I find every bit of it to be unacceptable. Searches are supposed to be onducted when the police have PROBABLE CAUSE that a crime may have been committed. You being in your school, where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing, is NOT probable cause that a crime has been committed.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-02-2014, 09:48 AM
"Well I'll be honest, we had some dogs that did hit on things...but nothing was found..."

That royally pisses me off, mainly because the school district has stated that the dogs were present to gain probable cause, but even when the dogs did gain probable cause, the officers found nothing in the searches.

So, basically what they said is that they've searched an innocent person's bag.
[+] 2 users Like UndercoverAtheist's post
08-02-2014, 11:33 AM
It is time to realize that in this endless "war" on drugs we have effectively dismissed our civil rights so that the cops can do whatever they want whenever they want to. WE THE PEOPLE are complicit. We have sat by and watched while this mania has gone on. We continue to elect politicians who continue the same failed policies. The prisons are bursting. Young kids are saddled with criminal records for life. The smugglers are richer than fucking god. We are going broke and the police are out of control. This did not happen in a vacuum. We allowed it because we bought into a bunch of bullshit about "drugs."

Better to legalize the shit and if you want to kill yourself, go ahead. You won't be missed.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
08-02-2014, 11:38 AM
(06-02-2014 09:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 06:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They don't have a right to search your backpack though unless a drug-sniffer hits on it.

The interesting thing to keep in mind, though, is that these dogs are also trained to "hit" on cue, drugs or no drugs, thus providing a reason to search a suspect's property whether there is justified cause or not. I think drug dogs are great when used appropriately, but a tactic like that is underhanded and I would think unconstitutional. Of course proving it would be near impossible. I'm sure these school searches are straight up, but I can imagine plenty of other opportunities where law enforcement might abuse something like that.

They are not taught to "hit on cue" as delivered to the police department. It is possible that individual departments with officers who train as well as handle dogs could then teach the dogs this, but a normally trained drug dog does not hit on cue. Ever. It takes the attention off the search and to the handler, which compromises future searches. Once searching, the dog needs to be ignoring the handler. So this is a no-no in their training. It ruins the dog for serious work.

Looking at the clip, one or more of the dogs are young and likely in training still and this may be used as part of their training. Usually any dog on this job is 2 to 3 years minimum. Some of these seemed barely grown, but it's kind of hard to see properly. This can account for incorrect hits.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-02-2014, 11:38 AM
(08-02-2014 11:33 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  It is time to realize that in this endless "war" on drugs we have effectively dismissed our civil rights so that the cops can do whatever they want whenever they want to. WE THE PEOPLE are complicit. We have sat by and watched while this mania has gone on. We continue to elect politicians who continue the same failed policies.

IMO this can also be said of the war on terror. It all pisses me off.
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
08-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Quote:IMO this can also be said of the war on terror.

Yes, it has certainly gone too far. The difference is that there are actual terrorist plots and they are designed to kill/injure third parties. I really don't have a problem if some nut wants to blow himself up. Its when he does it in a crowded restaurant that you have to make an exception.

The government has a legitimate right to hunt down those people and try to stop them but someone whose only crime is putting chemicals into their own body? That's a tad different.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
08-02-2014, 11:58 AM
(08-02-2014 11:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  They are not taught to "hit on cue" as delivered to the police department. It is possible that individual departments with officers who train as well as handle dogs could then teach the dogs this, but a normally trained drug dog does not hit on cue. Ever. It takes the attention off the search and to the handler, which compromises future searches. Once searching, the dog needs to be ignoring the handler. So this is a no-no in their training. It ruins the dog for serious work.

Looking at the clip, one or more of the dogs are young and likely in training still and this may be used as part of their training. Usually any dog on this job is 2 to 3 years minimum. Some of these seemed barely grown, but it's kind of hard to see properly. This can account for incorrect hits.

I would hope that you're right in most cases. I found this, which also explains incorrect hits. The "cues" may not be intentional.
http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/21/th...police-dog

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-02-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree with Regular_Joe on his 2 previous posts. Thumbsup

This is just a police state indoctrination on younger minds, the earlier you learn that they can and will do what they want , the better (for them).

Screw the 4th, the best you can do now a days, is stay under the radar, if possible.
[+] 5 users Like War Horse's post