Is this really how stupid those terrorists are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Is this really how stupid those terrorists are?
Terror alert after Belgian nuclear plant guard is murdered and his security pass is stolen amid concerns terrorists are plotting an attack on power station

They stole the guard's security pass to achieve what exactly? Are they so mind-numbingly stupid to think that it could get them inside? Or that they could somehow replicate it or use it to gain entrance? Or do they not realize that what they did will only make security measures stronger?

I don't get it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Is this really how stupid those terrorists are?
(26-03-2016 07:19 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  They stole the guard's security pass to achieve what exactly?

Possibly to steal nuclear material for a dirty bomb.

26-03-2016, 09:32 AM
(26-03-2016 09:02 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:19 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  They stole the guard's security pass to achieve what exactly?

I know, I know, what I don't understand is how they never thought about the obvious fact that the pass would be rendered invalid once they'd steal it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-03-2016, 09:33 AM
(26-03-2016 09:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 09:02 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Possibly to steal nuclear material for a dirty bomb.

I know, I know, what I don't understand is how they never thought about the obvious fact that the pass would be rendered invalid once they'd steal it.

Shh, now they know!

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
26-03-2016, 09:34 AM
There will be detectors all over that plant, which will sound if radioactive material is detected. They are pretty sensitive. I was working at Cape Canaveral many years ago and had undergone a procedure that employed a radioisotope. When I went to work the next day, I got stopped at the gate and pulled to the side. I had to get out of the car and move about 30 feet away before I was cleared to go to work. They could tell that the radiation wasn't coming from my rental car when I was that far away. Then the guard knew to ask me if I had had a procedure using a radioisotope. Damned sensitive equipment. After that, I had a pass to get on base.
26-03-2016, 10:55 AM
The answer is in their name. Terrorists. As long as europeans are afraid of a dirty bomb going off in their city, they've achieved a part of their goal. Getting their hands on radioactive material is just the icing on that cake.
[+] 1 user Likes Naridar's post
26-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Dick Marcinko wrote a bit about nuke plant security -- and he wasn't impressed...................

Who's Dick Marcinko???

The guy who started, and was first Commanding Officer of Seal Team Six -- and Red Cell --- a division that was created specifically for testing anti-terrorism readiness of secure bases and installations.......

One thing he said was really telling --- "They put in millions of dollars worth of detection equipment - then staff it with minimum wage workers".........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Reports coming from Belgian news agency says that Belgian prosecutors have denied the murder of a security official at the Fleurus nuclear research centre was a terrorist act.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
26-03-2016, 03:10 PM
(26-03-2016 09:32 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 09:02 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Possibly to steal nuclear material for a dirty bomb.

Often when a high-security pass is stolen, it "works" but is closely watched and tracked in real-time.

And let's just pretend I read that somewhere.
26-03-2016, 03:54 PM
(26-03-2016 09:02 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  

That is not what she is saying at all, sure that might be a goal, blowing it up would be more achievable especially with doing something like McVeigh did or what the Boston assholes did. But even with these assholes they don't think.

No, what she is saying is that murdering the guard and stealing his badge wont help because that has brought sudden attention to that location, and it will bring immediate changes which will make it much more difficult if not impossible for them to attack that location.

That was stupid on their part. Hopefully that sick stunt will get them caught.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user