Is this really how stupid those terrorists are?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Is this really how stupid those terrorists are?
(26-03-2016 09:34 AM)Fireball Wrote:  There will be detectors all over that plant, which will sound if radioactive material is detected. They are pretty sensitive. I was working at Cape Canaveral many years ago and had undergone a procedure that employed a radioisotope. When I went to work the next day, I got stopped at the gate and pulled to the side. I had to get out of the car and move about 30 feet away before I was cleared to go to work. They could tell that the radiation wasn't coming from my rental car when I was that far away. Then the guard knew to ask me if I had had a procedure using a radioisotope. Damned sensitive equipment. After that, I had a pass to get on base.

That is the other thing the right wing falls for. You don't simply walk in steal nuclear material, it simply does not happen. Even if you wanted to, there are so many hoops just to get to it, then you have to retract it and put it in to a insulated container so you don't die. That is not an in and out thing.

So no, this is not like a smash and grab at a jewelry store.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Is this really how stupid those terrorists are?
(26-03-2016 03:59 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 09:34 AM)Fireball Wrote:  There will be detectors all over that plant, which will sound if radioactive material is detected. They are pretty sensitive. I was working at Cape Canaveral many years ago and had undergone a procedure that employed a radioisotope. When I went to work the next day, I got stopped at the gate and pulled to the side. I had to get out of the car and move about 30 feet away before I was cleared to go to work. They could tell that the radiation wasn't coming from my rental car when I was that far away. Then the guard knew to ask me if I had had a procedure using a radioisotope. Damned sensitive equipment. After that, I had a pass to get on base.

That is the other thing the right wing falls for. You don't simply walk in steal nuclear material, it simply does not happen. Even if you wanted to, there are so many hoops just to get to it, then you have to retract it and put it in to a insulated container so you don't die. That is not an in and out thing.

So no, this is not like a smash and grab at a jewelry store.

You best read up on the exploits of Red Cell........ They were reputed to have stolen 3 nukes in an exercise at Pt Mugu back in the mid 80's..........

Sure - untrained morons can't do it.....

But training is everything...............

And the only thing that stands between the trained and untrained is motivation.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply