Is this shit even real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Is this shit even real?
http://realfoodforlife.com/vegetarian-do...189-years/

Apparently a vegan dog lived up to 189 years. This sounds extremely stupid.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 12:47 PM by jennybee.)
RE: Is this shit even real?
No, not real. I'm vegan but I don't feed my dogs (or cat) a vegan diet. They are supposed to be eating meat.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-01-2016, 12:47 PM
(10-01-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  http://realfoodforlife.com/vegetarian-do...189-years/

It lived for 27 years, which is meant to be 189 dog years.

I don't think simply a vegetarian diet can be said to be the one and only thing that helped the dog live this long. I think there could me many other contributing factors that are not discussed, like how often it went to the vets to check its health etc.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
10-01-2016, 12:49 PM
That would presume you want to extend your life.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
10-01-2016, 12:50 PM
(10-01-2016 12:47 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  http://realfoodforlife.com/vegetarian-do...189-years/

It lived for 27 years, which is meant to be 189 dog years.

I don't think simply a vegetarian diet can be said to be the one and only thing that helped the dog live this long. I think there could me many other contributing factors that are not discussed, like how often it went to the vets to check its health etc.

Oh, well if it's dog years...27 still seems quite old for a dog. I hope my dogs live that long though.
10-01-2016, 01:04 PM
(10-01-2016 12:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They are supposed to be eating meat.

So are humans.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-01-2016, 01:08 PM
(10-01-2016 01:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They are supposed to be eating meat.

So are humans.

Humans don't *need* to eat meat to be healthy. You can eat a balanced diet without meat, but I definitely agree people need to be careful about deciding not to eat meat and I strongly advise anyone to seek out a nutritionist (like I did) if they decide to remove things from their diet (whether it's meat or whatever).
10-01-2016, 01:12 PM
(10-01-2016 01:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 01:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So are humans.

Humans don't *need* to eat meat to be healthy. You can eat a balanced diet without meat, but I definitely agree people need to be careful about deciding not to eat meat and I strongly advise anyone to seek out a nutritionist (like I did) if they decide to remove things from their diet (whether it's meat or whatever).

Guess we can go without eating a lot of things then. But any diet that needs you to that needs supplements has something fucked up about it.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
10-01-2016, 01:24 PM
(10-01-2016 01:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 01:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Humans don't *need* to eat meat to be healthy. You can eat a balanced diet without meat, but I definitely agree people need to be careful about deciding not to eat meat and I strongly advise anyone to seek out a nutritionist (like I did) if they decide to remove things from their diet (whether it's meat or whatever).

Guess we can go without eating a lot of things then. But any diet that needs you to that needs supplements has something fucked up about it.

I only really need to take a B12 and iodine supplement. It works for me because the idea of eating meat skeeves me. I am also healthier than I have ever been. I don't knock anyone for choosing to eat meat though. To each his/her own.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-01-2016, 01:29 PM
It's okay to put your dog on a vegan diet, as long as you're careful to give them the nutrients they need. It's definitely NOT okay for cats, though.

Of the three dogs reported to have surpassed Bramble's age, none of their owners claimed to have them on vegan diets.

Taffy

Quote:Her dog food diet is supplemented with potted meat, stewed chicken and hamburger. Taffy Gayle also gets a baby aspirin each morning and eye drops two times a day.....She wears her party dress to celebrate her birthdays when she gets a little cupcake with a candle on it.

Bella
Quote:...she has shredded chicken and fish.... She will also have boiled liver and best tinned stewing steak, mackerel and sardines.

Bluey
Quote:He had lived on a diet of kangaroos and emus.
Oh, you crazy Aussies.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?