Is this shit even real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Is this shit even real?
(10-01-2016 01:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They are supposed to be eating meat.

So are humans.

Humans can make their own choices, pets or animals in other people's care cannot. I am not vegan nor vegetarian but I respect other peoples choices to do with their body whatever they want, including eating as they please for whatever reason they choose to.

Humans are omnivores but they also have a reasoning and socially interpretive brain and can choose their own food sources and lifestyle.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
10-01-2016, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 02:28 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(10-01-2016 01:04 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  They are supposed to be eating meat.

So are humans.

Humans are omnivores and have the choice to eat whatever they want to.

As someone said above. Tongue

Also if you're going to claim that we should follow nature in the case of our diet, why not say we need to get rid of the concept of civilization entirely because it's against nature?

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
10-01-2016, 02:55 PM
(10-01-2016 02:25 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Also if you're going to claim that we should follow nature in the case of our diet, why not say we need to get rid of the concept of civilization entirely because it's against nature?

Citation required.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-01-2016, 03:01 PM
(10-01-2016 02:25 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Also if you're going to claim that we should follow nature in the case of our diet, why not say we need to get rid of the concept of civilization entirely because it's against nature?

We... are.... nature! *queue montage music* Girl_nails Einstein Chase Smokin Banana_zorro Bechased *starts prancing around*

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 5 users Like cactus's post
10-01-2016, 03:18 PM
"Natural diet" lmao.

Just to be clear, there's nothing natural about any of our diets, nor any of our pets diets.

None of the livestock we raise are "natural" (we're gonna go with the fairly common assumption that natural = evolved without humans intentionally altering said evolution). None of the vegetables we eat. Not the grains, not the eggs, not the spaghetti or yogurt, not anything. With the exception of game and forage, we don't eat ANYTHING natural.

It's clear we are omnivores. Our teeth, not to mention our ability to digest both animal and vegetable, make this obvious. But since we have all this food that's been altered to contain massive amounts of nutrition, (compared to the plants they originated from) it's very possible for us to survive without meat. I think the (alive) vegetarians we are surrounded by make this obvious as well.

Lastly, most omnivores can survive on a combined diet of meat and vegetable OR a diet of one or the other.

So because of all this, humans have come to a point where they can choose to be vegetarian and be completely healthy. That means the veggie lifestyle is a choice, and CAN be a choice for everyone. Doesn't mean it's a choice people will, or even should, make. But the reality is, we CAN be healthy on a vegetarian diet.

Saying vegetarian is unhealthy or somehow insufficient is just plain ignorant.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest...as you were.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post
10-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Being a vegetarian might not make for a long life -- but, like marrying an ugly, ill-tempered woman - it will certainly make it SEEM like a long time......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-01-2016, 03:30 PM
(10-01-2016 03:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Being a vegetarian might not make for a long life -- but, like marrying an ugly, ill-tempered woman - it will certainly make it SEEM like a long time......

Yeah, it's so terrible that someone would have a diet different than your own. Sadcryface2

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
10-01-2016, 03:31 PM
(10-01-2016 02:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Citation required.

I need a citation to show that humans are omnivores? I don't think I do.

10-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Pfffffffft. That dog had nothing on Cream Puff. Cream Puff was a kitty who lived to be 38 years old. That's 38 years old people!

My cat is 19. I don't think he'll make it to 20.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-01-2016, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 04:00 PM by cactus.)
The cut-off point between natural and artificial selection seems arbitrary to me. Drinking Beverage
Also, http://news.discovery.com/animals/insect...piders.htm <- Is that "unnatural"?
Our dietary restrictions are ultimately determined by our unconscious brain processes, too. We only have the illusion of choice. Popcorn

If I were to write a diet book, I'd call it "Dieting For The Existentially Over-aware"
"Chapter 1: Life Is Meaningless"

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?