Is this shit even real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: Is this shit even real?
Here's a healthy vegetarian Smile

Remember that correlation does not necessarily equal causation. Many people go to being vegetarian for the wrong reasons. Maybe they've already got medical issues and they think being vegetarian is a miracle cure. It isn't. Maybe they've got an eating disorder and they think being vegetarian will help them shed a few more pounds. The principles for healthy eating are not fundamentally different as a vegetarian. You just have to be more familiar with them because society's standard narrative on nutrition does not cater to you, which leaves more room for error if you don't know what you're doing.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-01-2016, 09:20 AM
And here's a healthy vegan...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-01-2016, 09:28 AM
I don't eat meat too often either. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and a dietetics major. Both of my kids are being raised vegetarian. My oldest, at 4, towers over most kids his age and has, on his own accord, been joining me in my morning pushups. Despite having never had meat, he's become quite a little beast for his age.

I don't consider myself a vegetarian, as I do eat meat on occasion, usually when traveling or out at a restaurant that has crappy veggie options. But in practice I'd say no more than 3 or 4 meals per month have meat. At home I'm almost exclusively vegetarian alongside the girlfriend and kids. I'm not a small, sickly guy. I'm a fitness fanatic and I run around in the woods loaded down with combat gear no problems, and it's not the few servings of meat I have here and there that keeps me going.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-01-2016, 09:42 AM
(11-01-2016 09:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't eat meat too often either. My girlfriend is a vegetarian and a dietetics major. Both of my kids are being raised vegetarian. My oldest, at 4, towers over most kids his age and has, on his own accord, been joining me in my morning pushups. Despite having never had meat, he's become quite a little beast for his age.

I don't consider myself a vegetarian, as I do eat meat on occasion, usually when traveling or out at a restaurant that has crappy veggie options. But in practice I'd say no more than 3 or 4 meals per month have meat. At home I'm almost exclusively vegetarian alongside the girlfriend and kids. I'm not a small, sickly guy. I'm a fitness fanatic and I run around in the woods loaded down with combat gear no problems, and it's not the few servings of meat I have here and there that keeps me going.

I agree, eating meat isn't necessary for energy or endurance. I find that is a common misconception among many people. I have been a vegan for several years and a vegetarian before that. When I was a vegetarian, I was running 12 miles pretty much every day. I switched over to yoga and as a vegan I do an hour to 90 minutes of yoga a day, run 2 miles a few times a week, and go to Krav Maga 1-2 times per week with an instructor who doesn't fuck around. I have a ton of energy on a plant-based diet. I am a strong believer in going to a nutritionist if someone makes a switch to a vegan diet because it can help you maximize your health and workout potential. I do have junk food days as a vegan, but I try to eat healthy and follow a nutritious eating plan. I also find since becoming vegan, I am even more aware of the food I am eating and its nutritional value.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-01-2016, 10:16 AM
(10-01-2016 08:15 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 05:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You don't think you do what? Consider

Just look at our teeth and digestive systems. Or look here. Or here.

The point is, who gives a fuck if nature says we "should" eat one way or another? We don't have to follow what nature says. We have choices. Moreover, I think you might've misinterpreted me.

We are, by nature, omnivores; that is what evolution has done. One can choose to eat whatever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-01-2016, 10:21 AM
(11-01-2016 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 08:15 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  The point is, who gives a fuck if nature says we "should" eat one way or another? We don't have to follow what nature says. We have choices. Moreover, I think you might've misinterpreted me.

We are, by nature, omnivores; that is what evolution has done. One can choose to eat whatever.

Indeed. There are a thousand and one ways to get all your essential nutrients covered. Any one of which will suffice to be 'healthy'.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
11-01-2016, 12:25 PM
(11-01-2016 10:21 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  We are, by nature, omnivores; that is what evolution has done. One can choose to eat whatever.

Indeed. There are a thousand and one ways to get all your essential nutrients covered. Any one of which will suffice to be 'healthy'.

Isn't modern advancement amazing?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-01-2016, 12:35 PM
(11-01-2016 12:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 10:21 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed. There are a thousand and one ways to get all your essential nutrients covered. Any one of which will suffice to be 'healthy'.

Isn't modern advancement amazing?

That's not even a modern thing at that. People all over the planet managed to find reasonable diets thousands of years ago, before 'globalisation' was so much as a glimmer in a travelling merchant's eye. If you look from Nearctic to Andean to European to east Asian to Subsaharan to Melanesian diets in the year, let's say, 500 BCE, there's basically no overlap in content between any of them.
(our luxury now is picking and choosing between all of the above, essentially)

If that's not proof of an omnivorous nature I don't know what would be.

... this is my signature!
11-01-2016, 12:55 PM
I just had a thought... there are lots of toxic to humans plants/veggies, are there any meats we can't eat that are poisonous to humans?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
11-01-2016, 01:06 PM
(11-01-2016 12:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I just had a thought... there are lots of toxic to humans plants/veggies, are there any meats we can't eat that are poisonous to humans?

Absolutely. Seafood mostly.

'Murican Canadian