Is this their proof that there is an god??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
RE: Is this their proof that there is an god??
That chalk story was stupid, to say the least.

Though I don't doubt there are rather boorish teachers, usually atheists are not "committed" to our beliefs, like evolution, either you accept it or you don't, you are not committed to it.

Also, I'm sure there has been times when the chalk did not break, this guy had multiple classes everyday for 20 years, and the chalk didn't break until this kid stood up?

Highly unlikely.

Why would he run out of the room, was he *scared* of god, was it to highlight the student defeated the big bad atheist?

And after the professor left, instead of someone finding this obviously distraught individual, everyone sits and lets the Christian proselytize the class for the rest of the period?

If I was in the class I would have told that kid to shut up and sit down.

What a contrite little story.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2011, 03:56 AM
So this story proves that an unlikely event, if given enough opportunities, will eventually happen. This is not big news, this has been known for years.

Ironically the idea of an unlikely event happening can also be used in favour of uncreated life appearing on Earth for the first time, I wonder if any Christian has looked at it in that context?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I think you all are just making excuses not to believe this obviously true story.

So full of TRUTH that it hurts!

...my brain.

Tongue

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
13-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah it's like the fact that when I entered cathedrals in Italy I became disoriented at the high ceilings and agitated by all the symbolism. Proof that I am some sort of hell-spawn like some literalists believe!!!! As long as it lets me stay out of them =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
13-07-2011, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2011 11:42 AM by ashley.hunt60.)
What I want to know if they honestly think that this is a realistic situation. I can see an atheist philosophy professor, sure, no problem. And a core class in philosophy is believable I suppose, though at colleges in my state that credit can be fulfilled by multiple classes to give us a choice. However if the professor said "Only fools believe in god" every other sentence, I doubt he'd be around for 20 years. I've heard another stupid/funny atheist professor thing.

Quote:I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's a good story. A United States Marine was taking some college courses between assignments. He had completed 20 missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who
was a devout atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform... I'll give you exactly 15 min." The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes, when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.
The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there
looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to,
noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?" The Marine calmly replied,
"GOD was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me."

The classroom erupted in cheers!

Also, hurrah for my thousandth post!

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-07-2011, 12:14 PM
(13-07-2011 10:14 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  What I want to know if they honestly think that this is a realistic situation. I can see an atheist philosophy professor, sure, no problem. And a core class in philosophy is believable I suppose, though at colleges in my state that credit can be fulfilled by multiple classes to give us a choice. However if the professor said "Only fools believe in god" every other sentence, I doubt he'd be around for 20 years. I've heard another stupid/funny atheist professor thing.

Quote:I don't know if this has been posted before, but it's a good story. A United States Marine was taking some college courses between assignments. He had completed 20 missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who
was a devout atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform... I'll give you exactly 15 min." The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting."

It got down to the last couple of minutes, when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.
The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there
looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to,
noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?" The Marine calmly replied,
"GOD was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So He sent me."

The classroom erupted in cheers!

Also, hurrah for my thousandth post!
Yeah I've read this one too. So many many problems... "devout" atheist, being a member of the ACLU is bad, as if a professor would just walk into a classroom and taunt a nonexistent being, oh - and no one pays attention to the fact that GOD still didn't do anything, even in their own fantasy scenario.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
13-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I find this one even more amusing:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/einstein-god.htm

This has a thought provoking message no matter how you believe. Does evil exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?
A student bravely replied yes, he did!"
"God created everything?" The professor asked.
"Yes, sir," the student replied.
The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."
The student became quiet before such an answer.

The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody and every object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have too little heat.

The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does".

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. "These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young mans name --- Albert Einstein

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
13-07-2011, 03:57 PM

(07-07-2011 05:28 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that argument admits that god is a product of the necesity of believing in something?

What I mean is this:

Barbers exist because people need them, they are product of human necesity which is cutting our hair and trimming our beards (in the case of men).

Then, their god "exists" because it is the product of their necesity of believing in something.

I so agree , the barber carrier exists because people needed it same with god people needed to overcome issues so they invented something bigger than them so they can feel safe and strong ....etc.

A lot of believers actually have devoted their lives to god but they stiill have problems AND they are still sad sometimes so the argument is still toooo weak.....
Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2011, 04:52 PM
(13-07-2011 02:53 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  I find this one even more amusing:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/einstein-god.htm

This has a thought provoking message no matter how you believe. Does evil exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question. Did God create everything that exists?
A student bravely replied yes, he did!"
"God created everything?" The professor asked.
"Yes, sir," the student replied.
The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."
The student became quiet before such an answer.

The professor was quite pleased with himself and boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Everybody and every object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (- 460 degrees F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have too little heat.

The student continued. "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does".

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor. "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. "These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love, that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young mans name --- Albert Einstein

lol... in his college days Albert Einstein probably didn't speak English... Also, he was raised by non-practicing Jews and most likely Deist. Also, didn't God create the universe, which contains evil?

I'm sorry, but this corny little stories always crack me up, especially the one about ol' Al.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
13-07-2011, 07:33 PM
So the new stories are first of all the marine. God is too busy to bother with human wants, and christians are very violent.

And Albert Einstein fake story. which proves that god who created absolutely everything did not create the absences of creation which in essence means he did not create everything. If absences of creation exist then the world is only half god's. Making him way below any of his omni's

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.