Is this why I never encounter creationists at museums?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Is this why I never encounter creationists at museums?

I took this video at the museum last weekend because I wanted to make that point.

Do creationists purposely avoid going to science museums or taking their kids to one?

Just a thought...

"Science is interesting, if you don't agree, you can fuck off."
Go to my youtube channel and subscribe please!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2011, 05:37 PM
RE: Is this why I never encounter creationists at museums?
I have seen where they lead "creationist/intelligent design" tours through natural history museums. That is, they go to legitimate museums but someone from outside the museum leads the tour and fucks up...I mean reinterprets all of the information into a dumbass...I mean religious perspective.

Evolve
23-07-2011, 05:54 PM
(23-07-2011 05:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have seen where they lead "creationist/intelligent design" tours through natural history museums. That is, they go to legitimate museums but someone from outside the museum leads the tour and fucks up...I mean reinterprets all of the information into a dumbass...I mean religious perspective.

That sounds horrific. I hope I never see anything like that.

23-07-2011, 08:34 PM
(23-07-2011 05:54 PM)Paleo Wrote:  
(23-07-2011 05:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have seen where they lead "creationist/intelligent design" tours through natural history museums. That is, they go to legitimate museums but someone from outside the museum leads the tour and fucks up...I mean reinterprets all of the information into a dumbass...I mean religious perspective.

That sounds horrific. I hope I never see anything like that.

If I ever see one of these tours I am just going to follow them and say bullshit after everything he says.

idiot- "And the Earth is really just 10,000 years old and all these exhibits are lies."

me- "Bullshit!"

idiot-"Sir would you please stop following us. We are trying to learn."

me-"No. You are trying to brainwash and ridicule higher learning, plus this is a public museum so....BULLSHIT!"

Evolve
25-07-2011, 11:10 AM
(23-07-2011 12:20 PM)Paleo Wrote:  Do creationists purposely avoid going to science museums or taking their kids to one?
How do you know you never meet any creationists in museums? Do you ask the other visitors what they believe?

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2011, 02:32 PM
(25-07-2011 11:10 AM)theophilus Wrote:  How do you know you never meet any creationists in museums? Do you ask the other visitors what they believe?

I don't but that is a great idea. If it's ok for people to knock on my door and try to push their beliefs on me, it certainly must be acceptable for me to poll people on their beliefs in a public place.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I might have said it before, but I once watched a video... maybe by tooltime?... of a tour of the creation museum, they tried to take away their cameras, and the creation museum even had guards with SMG's patrolling around!

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
25-07-2011, 08:18 PM
(25-07-2011 06:05 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I might have said it before, but I once watched a video... maybe by tooltime?... of a tour of the creation museum, they tried to take away their cameras, and the creation museum even had guards with SMG's patrolling around!

Yeah, I've seen video of that place.

Seriously, what are they afraid of? Do they think scientifically literate people will try to vandalize their "museum"?

26-07-2011, 12:30 PM
It's a great way to show Earths history and how long the humans are on this planet whit that sand watch, good to get the perspective of millions of years...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-07-2011, 01:24 PM
(25-07-2011 08:18 PM)Paleo Wrote:  
(25-07-2011 06:05 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I might have said it before, but I once watched a video... maybe by tooltime?... of a tour of the creation museum, they tried to take away their cameras, and the creation museum even had guards with SMG's patrolling around!

Yeah, I've seen video of that place.

Seriously, what are they afraid of? Do they think scientifically literate people will try to vandalize their "museum"?

I seriously don't understand that, if they advocating the truth, why should they mute critique. Have they something to hide? Rolleyes

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.