Is weed really safe for all?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Is weed really safe for all?
I've heard and read some things on weed being a safe drug and doesn't have the negative/dangerous effects that alcohol and the others have. Studies have been done and showed results consistent to this reality.

So I've got a friend that's a major stoner. The dude seems to be on a slow decline intellectually. I must admit that I've never really spent as much time as I am currently with him. Perhaps I'm seeing his normal intellectual ability and am disappointed.

Weed has been shown to be safe compared to other drugs but perhaps the focus of those studies was a bit too narrow. I'd like to see a study being done that includes some qualitative factors too. I'd like to see a study being done on a group of people arranged by intelligence. I wanna see how exposure to weed will affect the different people of differing intelligence. I also wanna see which group is more likely to engage in negative behaviour and susceptibility to apathy. I think the tests performed on weed were focusing on weed itself and perhaps not so much these other things I'm giving examples of.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 02:01 PM
RE: Is weed really safe for all?
There's a chemical in it that my brother is allergic to, so it's not safe for him.

That was free. >.>
18-03-2014, 02:11 PM
(18-03-2014 02:01 PM)Charis Wrote:  There's a chemical in it that my brother is allergic to, so it's not safe for him.

That was free. >.>

8===D

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
19-03-2014, 09:40 AM
It's fine in moderation. It still kills brain cells right?

But dude's a stoner so...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2014, 09:49 AM
It isnt safe for my bank balance Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
19-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Nothing is safe for everybody, our bodies are not all the same. Most everything that humans have consumed for centuries is good in moderation for most people.
Nothing is good in excess.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
19-03-2014, 10:21 AM
[Image: 7LZnoK0.jpg]

Remember, kids. Don't inject the weed.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-03-2014, 10:29 AM
It's not a scientific study by any means, but my own experience is that it doesn't lower IQ.

I've been tested several times throughout my life and there was no drop even after a decade of smoking for me.

I would be interested in actual scientific results, though. My results may not be typical.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
19-03-2014, 11:11 AM
(19-03-2014 10:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: 7LZnoK0.jpg]

Remember, kids. Don't inject the weed.

[Image: Weed+smokers+lungs_5bf48a_5043522.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 11 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Everything in moderation. Occasional smoking is perfectly safe and sometimes medically beneficial. Toking up all day everyday has been shown to affect memory mostly and IQ a little. It does change brain structure in the young though to what exact effect is unknown though, so under the age of 21 should probably avoid it, that goes for any drug though, even caffeine in excess should be avoided by the young.

I'm 35 now can't wait for it to be legalized in my state Smile