Is weed really safe for all?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Is weed really safe for all?
(20-03-2014 06:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 06:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I skimmed thru the thread. Did I understand correctly that using a vaporizer eliminates whatever negative effects marijuana could have on your lungs?

If so, it is way past time to invest in a good one. Any suggestions on a good brand/model?

Just eat it. That's what we been doing for a gazillion years and shit. Tongue

That means I'd have to learn how to cook with it, and I'd have to go thru the effort of making the stuff Laugh out load I do need to try it eventually though. Never have had edibles.

If you've got any cooking recipes or tips to share, I'll take em!! Otherwise, off to google I go Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 06:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-03-2014 06:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 06:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just eat it. That's what we been doing for a gazillion years and shit. Tongue

That means I'd have to learn how to cook with it, and I'd have to go thru the effort of making the stuff Laugh out load I do need to try it eventually though. Never have had edibles.

If you've got any cooking recipes or tips to share, I'll take em!! Otherwise, off to google I go Big Grin

Look to the StarkRavingMad prophet. He knows this shit inside and out upside and down. ... And his wife's a shrink for whatever that means. Consider

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Since the thread is about the safe use of cannabis, I trust it won't be a derail, so here goes:

Vaporizers are awesome. Basically it heats the MJ to the right temperature to evaporate the oil contained within the Trichome. Aka, that's where the good shit be. But it doesn't heat the weed to the point of combustion. That means all the chlorophyll laiden leaf and bud is left behind, and all you get is, literally, cannabis vapor. By far the kindest method of inhalation. There are other options too. Extracts are not some super pure form of THC or something. They are simply the active ingredients separated from the rest of the plant. The more extras removed the purer the extract. Very pure extracts are very potent. That doesn't mean they are meant to necessarily mess you up more. The benefit lies in that you need to inhale very little to get the effects. Used responsibly, extracts are far better for you than smoking bud.

Edibles are the safest form of all. For your body to digest the cannabinoids however, you'll need to extract them with a combination of either fat or alcohol, and heat. Usually, fat is the preferred method. Hence, budder. Then the budder is baked into an edible, or even just gagged down straight (ew). The effects of ingestion are very different than smoking though. So any first timers should be aware. It's much more of a body stone, and lasts a lot longer than smoking. Edibles really is the best way to use cannabis for pain. The body is deeply affected, but with experience, the mind stays clear. Very important for those of us who use it to medicate for pain. Thumbsup

Sorry, did I ramble? I'm kinda stoned. Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks Stark Thumbsup

Sounds like with edibles, I may just end up ruining good weed, but I'll give it a shot the next time I'm heavy on supply.

It's still illegal where I live, so I wouldn't have access to extracts Sad

I think a vaporizer is the way to go for now.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
20-03-2014, 07:21 PM
(20-03-2014 10:21 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Inhaling the smoke from combusted plant matter is harmful to the lungs. Tobacco is unique (especially the "tobacco" in modern cigarettes) in that it has extra carcinogens, like Taq mentioned. Further, inhaling JUST the evaporated terpenes has actually been shown to be BENEFICIAL, particularly in asthmatics.

As far as the effects on young people, there is nothing conclusive to indicate any physiological damage is done. But there's enough to suggest there's a link to delayed brain development to a very small degree. When it comes to kids, I feel this is AMPLE reason to avoid marijuana for recreation until you've finished growing.

Monster, shit man, that sucks. I'm sorry you went through that. I agree that although everything is potentially addictive, weed DOES deserve a special mention. And I certainly didn't mean to downplay the seriousness of it by mentioning that it's not chemically addictive. Weed is undeniably more habit forming than most. And habitual weed smoking CAN be very demotivating. Every stoner knows it. Weed makes you mellow. And without caution, mellow can quickly become lazy.

...apparently a shout out to the dabbers is in order. Hoot.

Hey mate, I didn't think you had down played it. My comments were just generalisations. ... it was years ago too and I prefer me without cannabis anyway. Like I said, I made the unfortunate step from recreational user to complete fucking stoner, so I did it to myself. ... I have no problem with cannabis and have no regrets of my experiences with it! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
20-03-2014, 07:24 PM
(20-03-2014 07:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Edibles are the safest form of all. For your body to digest the cannabinoids however, you'll need to extract them with a combination of either fat or alcohol, and heat.

Some fuckers suggest microwaving for a minute or so before cooking for some fucking reason. Are said fuckers full of fucking shit? Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-03-2014, 07:32 PM
YES! Said fuckers are full of nasty smelly horrible shit.

NEVER microwave marijuana. It evaporates the terpenes instead of heating them (the goal is decarbing the weed, which is just accelerating the curing process) so unless you're inside the microwave with the weed when it happens, you're just throwing away the medicine.

Decarbing is an advanced method used to maximize potency by converting as much THC as possible into it's psychoactive form. It happens naturally over time, but careful heating can achieve it very quickly. It can also ruin your precious bud in a heartbeat. Best to let the process do the decarbing. That means simmering your weed for a good amount of time in your medium. My favourite method is a slow cooker with coconut oil.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-03-2014, 07:40 PM
(20-03-2014 07:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  YES! Said fuckers are full of nasty smelly horrible shit.

NEVER microwave marijuana. It evaporates the terpenes instead of heating them (the goal is decarbing the weed, which is just accelerating the curing process) so unless you're inside the microwave with the weed when it happens, you're just throwing away the medicine.

Decarbing is an advanced method used to maximize potency by converting as much THC as possible into it's psychoactive form. It happens naturally over time, but careful heating can achieve it very quickly. It can also ruin your precious bud in a heartbeat. Best to let the process do the decarbing. That means simmering your weed for a good amount of time in your medium. My favourite method is a slow cooker with coconut oil.

So how long do you leave it in the slow cooker and do you have it on low?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I think we may be derailing. Shall I post canna-coconut oil in the Official Cannabis Thread?

20-03-2014, 07:49 PM
(20-03-2014 07:47 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I think we may be derailing. Shall I post canna-coconut oil in the Official Cannabis Thread?

Yeah! Big Grin I'm excited to hear about this. We always have organic coconut oil in the house for making popcorn.