Isis and barbarity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: Isis and barbarity
(19-10-2016 01:10 PM)bemore Wrote:  You don't want a barbarism section.

You know not of what horrors you wish to look at and uncover...See and hear.

You don't want me to start telling stories Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2016, 01:16 PM

True, there are always people wanting to get better graphical details than others. But should we hide from it? We covervall kindsvif lesser barbarisms, like school shootings, militant pro-lifers etc.

As ever though venting one's spleen might relieve our pressure, but does FA for the victims.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-10-2016, 01:18 PM
(19-10-2016 01:12 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

You don't want me to start telling stories Tongue.

I'm glad ive only witnessed on a screen and not in real life.

I can watch humans get slaughtered but not animals.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
19-10-2016, 02:19 PM
I am starting to wonder. With ISIS losing grip on more and more regions and declining, what will happen to the Kurds or Iraq and Syria. With Syria still embroilled in a civil war and Iraq in chaos, they managed to gather for themselves an enormous amount of regional authonomy maintained by a competant and motivated fighting force (if poorly armed). To me, the more the conflict continue in the region, the less likely are the Kurds willing to reintegrate a stable Syria (with or without Assad at its helm) or Iraq. Thier nationalism and potential creation of a Kurdistan could upset the Turcs who would see it as a menace to their national security and interests. This could result in the region being embroilled in a new conflict. Peace is not for tomorrow.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
19-10-2016, 02:25 PM
(19-10-2016 02:19 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I am starting to wonder. With ISIS losing grip on more and more regions and declining, what will happen to the Kurds or Iraq and Syria. With Syria still embroilled in a civil war and Iraq in chaos, they managed to gather for themselves an enormous amount of regional authonomy maintained by a competant and motivated fighting force (if poorly armed). To me, the more the conflict continue in the region, the less likely are the Kurds willing to reintegrate a stable Syria (with or without Assad at its helm) or Iraq. Thier nationalism and potential creation of a Kurdistan could upset the Turcs who would see it as a menace to their national security and interests. This could result in the region being embroilled in a new conflict. Peace is not for tomorrow.

Yeah, no doubt. ISIS is soon to be history but the fight is far from over. Plus the US, Russia, Iran, and Saudi Arabia all have slightly different versions of how they'd like things to be restructured. This is also why Iraq and the coalition supporting it is being very picky about who they allow the privilege of helping them retake big cities like Mosul.

'Murican Canadian
19-10-2016, 02:33 PM
(19-10-2016 02:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 02:19 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I am starting to wonder. With ISIS losing grip on more and more regions and declining, what will happen to the Kurds or Iraq and Syria. With Syria still embroilled in a civil war and Iraq in chaos, they managed to gather for themselves an enormous amount of regional authonomy maintained by a competant and motivated fighting force (if poorly armed). To me, the more the conflict continue in the region, the less likely are the Kurds willing to reintegrate a stable Syria (with or without Assad at its helm) or Iraq. Thier nationalism and potential creation of a Kurdistan could upset the Turcs who would see it as a menace to their national security and interests. This could result in the region being embroilled in a new conflict. Peace is not for tomorrow.

Yeah, no doubt. ISIS is soon to be history but the fight is far from over. Plus the US, Russia, Iran, and Saudi Arabia all have slightly different versions of how they'd like things to be restructured. This is also why Iraq and the coalition supporting it is being very picky about who they allow the privilege of helping them retake big cities like Mosul.
Perhaps we will have a four or five part Sykes Picot aggreement? Just moving the problem a little further into the future?

19-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Syria will be the next Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc.

There will most prolly no open war, but a heavy struggle between russia and the US (Turkey? EU?) for control of this crucial area. It was a russian strongpoint during the cold war and now that there already is a mess (war vs ISIS, Syrian civil war, maybe already driven by US and russia) both sides will try to force a decision for the near to middle future: Will this area remain under russian control, or will the US be able to wrestle it out of Putins hands? A US "victory" would be like sending a strong message, similarly a president Putin prevailing will also send a strong message....to anyone looking for alternatives to a american hegemony, and there seem to be surprisingly lots of people/countries.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
19-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Putin is the most dangerous man alive. He is a bully and a brink-walker and happy to push what he seems as the soft West as far as he can.

At the same time I think he realises that Russia can never develop as he wants without working with the West. China will do only what it wants to secure its own position.

But, paranoia is a Russian national characteristic. Don't get too paranoid please, America, head butting with Russia ain't healthy for the whole globe.

Breaking news: "Indications are that the daesh leaders have fled Mosul," says American commander. Fighting still goes on though.

20-10-2016, 05:52 AM
(19-10-2016 11:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  There is no "Barbarism" category.

Just listening to the BBC News on the battle for Mosel and mentions of ISIS's actions in that city.

Beheadings, throwing gays off tower blocks and burying people alive I have heard before. The latest barbarity is just the final straw for any objectivity I had regarding these people.

A man was reportedly suspended up to his waist in a barrel of bleach until the flesh on his legs dissolved.

This is at least equal to the practice of hanging and drawing, maybe worse. The only mercy that should be given to these people is a quick death. As soon as possible.

Nothing new under the sun sadly. Human history is filled with such and even worse barbarity.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-10-2016, 06:30 AM
(20-10-2016 05:52 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 11:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  There is no "Barbarism" category.

Just listening to the BBC News on the battle for Mosel and mentions of ISIS's actions in that city.

Beheadings, throwing gays off tower blocks and burying people alive I have heard before. The latest barbarity is just the final straw for any objectivity I had regarding these people.

A man was reportedly suspended up to his waist in a barrel of bleach until the flesh on his legs dissolved.

This is at least equal to the practice of hanging and drawing, maybe worse. The only mercy that should be given to these people is a quick death. As soon as possible.

Nothing new under the sun sadly. Human history is filled with such and even worse barbarity.

Thus the fight never ends. So let's kill them all then go home and take a break til the next batch pops up Tongue

'Murican Canadian