Isis and barbarity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: Isis and barbarity
(20-10-2016 06:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 05:52 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nothing new under the sun sadly. Human history is filled with such and even worse barbarity.

Thus the fight never ends. So let's kill them all then go home and take a break til the next batch pops up Tongue

I understand the sentiment... Undecided

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 01:48 PM
It's funny hey. We humans disagree with each other so fundamentally sometimes that the only way forward is to kill the other people. War drives innovation. Without war everyone's pretty happy to live their boring lives and get older happily... with war the intelligentsia devote their considerable talents to finding nasty ways to blow other people up. I was watching a program today about development of powered flight - pretty much all the advances were war driven. Fuck me that's depressing Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-10-2016, 01:58 PM
(20-10-2016 01:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's funny hey. We humans disagree with each other so fundamentally sometimes that the only way forward is to kill the other people. War drives innovation. Without war everyone's pretty happy to live their boring lives and get older happily... with war the intelligentsia devote their considerable talents to finding nasty ways to blow other people up. I was watching a program today about development of powered flight - pretty much all the advances were war driven. Fuck me that's depressing Undecided

War, mother of all things.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-10-2016, 02:22 PM
(20-10-2016 01:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's funny hey. We humans disagree with each other so fundamentally sometimes that the only way forward is to kill the other people. War drives innovation. Without war everyone's pretty happy to live their boring lives and get older happily... with war the intelligentsia devote their considerable talents to finding nasty ways to blow other people up. I was watching a program today about development of powered flight - pretty much all the advances were war driven. Fuck me that's depressing Undecided

There may be one area that goes the opposite way, a lot of the advances in computer processing and graphics were driven by the games industry.

Mostly virtual wars I know, but . . .

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
20-10-2016, 02:23 PM

Necessity is the mother of invention. If resources are scarce, we fight over them. Victory goes to the most industrious and resourceful. I think the hate is just an excuse. I genuinely look forward to the next deployment. Heck maybe I'll finally get to mix it up with some Russians. And I don't even hate them. Or terrorists, for that matter. We're all just products of genetics and circumstance. Whatever lead to me being me, the above mentioned boring life just doesn't cut it.

'Murican Canadian
20-10-2016, 03:19 PM
I see this as war. America bombs Iraq. Iraqi children die or lose limbs. The Mongols behead or impale anyone not bowing to them. The Romans commit genocide at Carthage......

Show me the difference.

Remember that napalm covered little Vietnamese girl? That was a US military strike. How is that differnt to the Condor legion bombing in Spain?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.