Isis beheads 4-year-old girl

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Isis beheads 4-year-old girl
People have short memories. I am sure many 4 year old children were killed during every war in history. How many died in the Iraq war? During the fire bombing of Dresden people melted into the bitumen on the roads. Gas was used in WWI. Nuclear weapons in WWII. How many children died then?

Jeez if you want to trace it back, Tamerlain made sure not only every human, man woman or child, but even dogs and cats were killed. Carthage destroyed, the earth salted. Just as the Mongols did over a 1000 years later. To this day the middle east is left with cities destroyed by the Mongols.

It's not just ISIS. It's war in general and the violence of humans. And wars are fought for booty. Even religious wars. It's just the way it is.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
22-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Quote:How can anyone be such a monster?

[Image: quote-with-or-without-religion-you-would...8-0824.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 6 users Like Minimalist's post
23-06-2016, 02:30 AM
(22-06-2016 03:00 PM)Sam663 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 06:24 AM)Zeff Wrote:  ...(Well done and thanks Sam663!)

No problem, it's my job, I saw it on my twitter timeline few days ago. I'm sort of open-source conflict analyst. Here is another one:

ISIS used nerve gas against Syrian Army outside Raqqa.
https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isi...ide-raqqa/

The CEO of Almasdar is Hezbollah apologist, and this is just an excuse for a terrible offensive, and now some conspiracy websites will pick it up and will try to explain how it was smuggled by Obama from Turkey .
What strikes me about the Da'esh (IS) "4 year old girl" story though is the word "Times" and "co.uk". I think it makes the "International Business Times" sound reputable and either British or British based. It seems to be based in Manhattan and can be a highly irresponsible publisher...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio...ness_Times
Quote: According to an article in Mother Jones magazine, in the early days of the International Business Times, IBT Media employed immigrant students of Olivet University to translate English into Chinese and other languages, working illegally and being paid less than minimum wage. The connection of "the Community," a Christian sect led by a "charismatic Korean pastor named David Jang" with IBT is disputed. Unquote.
23-06-2016, 02:55 AM
(22-06-2016 06:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  People have short memories. I am sure many 4 year old children were killed during every war in history. How many died in the Iraq war? During the fire bombing of Dresden people melted into the bitumen on the roads. Gas was used in WWI. Nuclear weapons in WWII. How many children died then?..
So cutting a 4 year old girl's head off is no worse than Bombing Dresden? Da'esh are no worse than our parents' decision to declare war on Nazi Germany because they knew many children would die horribly?

Children died in both circumstances. The difference is that (rightly or wrongly) the bombing of Dresden was intended to end the war more quickly and so save lives, which it arguably did. What argument or opinion can one reasonably hold that supports coldly murdering a 4 year old in the manner described, or defends any of Da'esh's actual crimes?

Are you certain your memory is better than others?
23-06-2016, 02:59 AM
(23-06-2016 02:55 AM)Zeff Wrote:  So cutting a 4 year old girl's head off is no worse than Bombing Dresden? Da'esh are no worse than our parents' decision to declare war on Nazi Germany because they knew many children would die horribly?

Children died in both circumstances. The difference is that (rightly or wrongly) the bombing of Dresden was intended to end the war more quickly and so save lives, which it arguably did. What argument or opinion can one reasonably hold that supports coldly murdering a 4 year old in the manner described, or defends any of Da'esh's actual crimes?

Are you certain your memory is better than others?

Are you American?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
23-06-2016, 04:40 AM
(22-06-2016 01:37 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(21-06-2016 02:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  How can anyone be such a monster?

In "right" circumstances? Easily. It's far cry from man most horrendous atrocities (source trustworthiness aside).

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Far cry indeed. Without the benefit of internet communication technology, ISIS atrocities are really mediocre.

One can be certain that the worst things that could be done to people have happened in past genocides.

I view the Roman Catholic Ustashi, active during World War 2, as the prototype for human scum.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
23-06-2016, 05:22 AM
(23-06-2016 04:40 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I view the Roman Catholic Ustashi, active during World War 2, as the prototype for human scum.

Only one of my friend. I mentioned Tamerlain and Carthage and other atrocities for a reason.

Carthage was totally destroyed. Not one piece of literature survives. It was mass genocide. The Mongols were the utmost savages leaving none in their wake.

Our friend above has little knowledge of history. Dresden happened. The reasons why are unimportant. As did the Tokyo firebombing that cost 125 thousand lives. Far more than the nuclear blasts. Coventry happened too. Although on a far lighter scale.

War is war and spares no innocents.

I did my own research years ago on The great patriotic war and came up with a number of 47 million.

It's all war. America going into Iraq for oil differs little from Germany going into Poland for oil. It's about booty. Always was. Always will be.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
27-06-2016, 01:18 PM
(23-06-2016 04:40 AM)tomilay Wrote:  One can be certain that the worst things that could be done to people have happened in past genocides.

Exactly. Apart from well known outbreaks of violence one should remember China or Japanese Rape of Nanking for example.

Quote:I view the Roman Catholic Ustashi, active during World War 2, as the prototype for human scum.

Human scum has far longer history. Atilla, Gengis Khan, Tamerlan to name a few well known.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-06-2016, 02:05 PM
(23-06-2016 04:40 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I view the Roman Catholic Ustashi, active during World War 2, as the prototype for human scum.

Ustashe

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
28-06-2016, 12:38 PM
(23-06-2016 02:55 AM)Zeff Wrote:  So cutting a 4 year old girl's head off is no worse than Bombing Dresden?

Why should it be worse? There were no children and innocent in Dresden?

Also worse by what scale? If we were to measure suffering then death of one child don't even compare with Dresden.

Quote:Da'esh are no worse than our parents' decision to declare war on Nazi Germany because they knew many children would die horribly?

Reductio ad absurdum.

While I think that war is dirty bussiness in case of WW II I agree with Ian Kershaw opinion who describe it as a just war in his new book "To Hell and Back: Europe 1914-1949".

Quote: Children died in both circumstances. The difference is that (rightly or wrongly) the bombing of Dresden was intended to end the war more quickly and so save lives, which it arguably did.

Arguably. Impact of allies bombings is still discussed and Dresden is hot topic. Somee even say that bombing hardened will to resist and was huge boon to Goebbels propaganda.

As for intentions, they mean nothing as most vile deeds are commited with best intentions in mind, like bolshevik revolution for example.

Quote:What argument or opinion can one reasonably hold that supports coldly murdering a 4 year old in the manner described, or defends any of Da'esh's actual crimes?

Depend on what you mean by resonable. But death of one child don't even register on radar of human attrocities. It's tragedy to be sure but children die everyday and we care about this one only cause media coverage. No one seems to be concerned with death that takes it toll day after day - death from starvation, lack of water or medicine.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.