Islam: The Religion of Peace and Tolerance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2010, 05:27 PM
RE: Islam: The Religion of Peace and Tolerance
I didn't say that the whole country was like that, I just said that's where you would go to find 1200s style Jews (and maybe a few 1200s style christians)

And yes, I went to Israel for 2 weeks as part of a cetacean rights protest in 2008 and I found it a nice enough country. I will say I stayed the hell away from Jerusalem though, as thats where the threats lay.

Also I found your post bias. You should have also pointed out that it is only a couple of cities in Ireland that are full of 1200s style Christians Wink

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2010, 01:36 AM

(22-09-2010 06:49 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  2buck > I do think I owe you an apology. I don't think you are a muddy thinker. When I explained that I didn't mean to imply any "atheist requirements" I was trying to explain that I intended a tone of sarcasm with the statement. (It's why I followed up with saying no need for definitions of atheism). I was unclear, so it was me being muddy, not you. For that I apologise.
No apology needed ... I chose not to be offended! <);-)
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2010, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2010 12:41 PM by shiranl.)
(22-09-2010 05:27 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I didn't say that the whole country was like that, I just said that's where you would go to find 1200s style Jews (and maybe a few 1200s style christians)

And yes, I went to Israel for 2 weeks as part of a cetacean rights protest in 2008 and I found it a nice enough country. I will say I stayed the hell away from Jerusalem though, as thats where the threats lay.

Also I found your post bias. You should have also pointed out that it is only a couple of cities in Ireland that are full of 1200s style Christians Wink

Well, you should've clarify it before. I am aware to the problems we have with the religious- part of the reasons I am an atheist- but I love my country, and I know most of us arn't like that. So when someone generalize all of us (or seem to do so) as crazy fanatic religious people I'm freaking out. So sorry if I offended you.

I wasn't bias from the simple reason I don't know anything about the subject of Irland.

P.S: cetacean rights protest?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Ya I should have clarified more I apologize. And don't worry about offending me, only way to do that is to insult dolphins or accuse me of bigotry for not being left wing xD
There is that subject I would suggest reading about though, Ireland that is. I had to write a 20 page essay on the subject in high school History class. It's a very interesting story as well as being absolutely gold dust for anti-religion arguments. Wink

Cetaceans have proven many times that at least Dolphins and Whales are sapient (sapience was thought to be unique to humans until around 1960) Israel has got a very good sector on rehab centres for dolphins to be put back into the oceans after being rescued from captivity as well as a good offshore research organization. There was also the effect that it really pissed seaworld off because "Israel" rings alarm bells with US based companies xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user