11-12-2011, 11:28 AM
RE: Islam: The one true religion!
Congratulations and welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
(11-12-2011 11:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  And here I was just afraid of how my announcing I'm an atheist would make my poor old mom feel. You have to deal with so much more, and physically as well as emotionally. Mad props, Brutha, and welcome home!

Hehe, well its kinda gonna get hard for me if i announce now xD
i have a plan to graduate and get independant first before i say anything, or things might get a tad complicated for me Tongue
[+] 6 users Like Jackrabbit's post
11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Wow. That's quite an interesting story. I never knew that Islam taught the Noah and the flood, Adam and Eve stuff - got me thinking, how much does Islam really have in common with Christianity?

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
11-12-2011, 12:59 PM
(11-12-2011 12:50 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Wow. That's quite an interesting story. I never knew that Islam taught the Noah and the flood, Adam and Eve stuff - got me thinking, how much does Islam really have in common with Christianity?

The God of Islam, Jewish, and Christianity are all the same God.. the three of them just tell it differently is all..

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
(11-12-2011 12:50 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Wow. That's quite an interesting story. I never knew that Islam taught the Noah and the flood, Adam and Eve stuff - got me thinking, how much does Islam really have in common with Christianity?

(11-12-2011 12:59 PM)ddrew Wrote:  

The God of Islam, Jewish, and Christianity are all the same God.. the three of them just tell it differently is all..

Yeah its true mostly, islam has noah, jesus, moses, and many more of Gods best friends. Allah is actually the arabic word for God not a different one.
Its a shame these three religions worship the same god but keep fighting over who's god is bigger and badder Big Grin
Also the thought of plagarism comes to mind since every one of these religions has a lot of its predecessor. just a thought though xD
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
(11-12-2011 11:14 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Also if anyone wants to know more about Islam and what we were taught i would be happy to answer to the full extent of my knowlage. Big Grin

Welcome, and hats off to your courage.

I'll take you up on your offer.
The Koran has many peaceful verses and teachings, but also many violent ones.
Is it true that:
The earlier ones are the more peaceful, the later ones the more violent.
-and-
One school of thought is that later verses take precedence over earlier ones.

How many Muslims believe these statements?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-12-2011, 05:23 PM
(11-12-2011 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 11:14 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Also if anyone wants to know more about Islam and what we were taught i would be happy to answer to the full extent of my knowlage. Big Grin

Is it true that:
-and-

And a follow up question. How many different "denominations"/sects are there and how would they respond to those statements? For instance, I know the Sunni and Shiite names, but how would they view the questions Chas asked?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
(11-12-2011 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Is it true that:
-and-

Well that would be hard for me to say since the quraan is not arranged in chronological order, neither are the chapters themselves for that matter.

A good example of this is that chronologically Chapter 96 is the first to be written and not Chapter 1.

Also some of the longer chapters were not written "in one sitting" so to speak, so for example a few verses of a specific chapter be "revealed" to the prophet and the next day/month a few verses of a completely different chapter are "revealed".

As to the good vs violence, i think this is mostly due to the fact that the koraan and shariaa were created more as a governing document as the koraan and hadith contain many laws on marriage, inheritance, trading, penalties and what someone could call a foreign policy (Spread the islam to other nations, if they reject islam make them protectorates. If they refuse to become protectorates [and pay a "protection fee" invade.)

That last part reminds me of the mob's "Protection money" xD

I guess Mohammed figured out that everybody follows the rules if they think there's an angel on their back keeping score and also that a certain set of rules that are created by god will last longer than those created by man because god will always be there and always be watching long after Mohammed dies. So people will be less inclined to say hes dead so we dont have to listen to him anymore.

I hope i didn't rabble and that i've given you a satisfying answer
feel free to ask more if you wish Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
11-12-2011, 05:53 PM
(11-12-2011 05:34 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Well that would be hard for me to say since the quraan is not arranged in chronological order, neither are the chapters themselves for that matter.

A good example of this is that chronologically Chapter 96 is the first to be written and not Chapter 1.

I was referring to chronological order.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Welcome to TTA! I find your story extremely fascinating because former islamic athiests are almost unheard of here. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences with islam because, to be honest, I don't know much about islam and would love to know more Smile.
[+] 2 users Like Kaos MD's post