Islam: The one true religion!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 10:15 PM
RE: Islam: The one true religion!
I heard two voices in the Koran, you hear that? One, Allah is using Mohammed; the other, Mohammed is using Allah. (I mean, prophets can do that) I was just wondering if it ever sounded like that to you.

For me, that's the big reason I still like Islam and not Christianity.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2011, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 01:04 AM by Jackrabbit.)
RE: Islam: The one true religion!
(11-12-2011 05:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 05:34 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Well that would be hard for me to say since the quraan is not arranged in chronological order, neither are the chapters themselves for that matter.

A good example of this is that chronologically Chapter 96 is the first to be written and not Chapter 1.

I was referring to chronological order.

Well what i was trying to say was that, the chonological order was insignificant because nobody knew much about it except the scholars and those who dedicated a lot of time to studying the quraan. Howerver, what was considered more significant than chonological order was the situation in which verses were "revealed" and the story behind them. For example, somebody would ask the prophet something and the verse would be revealed to answer the question or the situation. For example, chapter 91 (the first one) was revealed by the angel Gabriel while mohammed was meditating up in the mountains, that event is now celebrated as Ramadan.

If however ur asking if muslim apologists talk about the old verses how christian apologists talk about the old testament and how jeses was sent to make it all right, then that is rarely that case as the Quraan is believed to be literal from a-z. It is important to note however that if u ask a Quraanic scholar about a specefic inconsistensy they will try to clarify it using a completely different verse that may be from a different chapter or by citing a Hadith (a saying/story from the life of mohammed).

Big Grin hope i've helped.
(11-12-2011 10:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I heard two voices in the Koran, you hear that? One, Allah is using Mohammed; the other, Mohammed is using Allah. (I mean, prophets can do that) I was just wondering if it ever sounded like that to you.

Sometimes yes, there's actually a special type of Hadith called Hadith Kudsi "sacred hadith" which are words of god that were spoken directly through mohammed, i think wikipedia explains it a bit better Tongue

"Hadith Qudsi

Hadith Qudsi (or Sacred Hadith) is a sub-category of hadith, which are sayings of Muhammad. Muslims regard the Hadith Qudsi as the words of God (Arabic: Allah), repeated by Muhammad and recorded on the condition of an isnad. According to as-Sayyid ash-Sharif al-Jurjani, the Hadith Qudsi differ from the Quran in that the former were revealed in a dream or through revelation and are "expressed in Muhammad's words", whereas the latter are the "direct words of God".

An example of a Hadith Qudsi is the hadith of Abu Hurairah who said that Muhammad said:

"When God decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over My wrath."[9] "

in a nutshell
Koran - Word of god unabridged
Hadith Qudsi - Word of god through mohammeds words (lolwut? XD)
Hadith (classic) - Stories and "Wisdom" from the life of Mohammed and there are thousands of those ranging from good examples to evil, where he declared that a woman who tortured a cat got to go to hell and in another instance a pregnant adulteress confessed to him and he told her that he would kill her after she had the baby and weened him i dont remember exactly if she was stoned or whipped to death but i can assure u it was gruesome.

Allah is the god of Deathmetal and BDSM \m/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Jackrabbit's post