Islam and Judaism are the same religion!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2015, 03:29 AM
Islam and Judaism are the same religion!
I thought I would see what response I get...

As some are aware, Joe Atwill has written a book about Roman Christianity being a religion written up by Jospephus and the Alexandrians to promote a new religion aimed at quelling unrest among militant, messianic Jews of the Near East and to support the Flavian emperors, Vespasian and then Titus.

If that is the case, then there was a messianic, militant Judaism in Judea. Christianity was an attempt to pacify this religion but if it only gained support among a minority, then the question I have is whether this religion survived because it seems to me that much of what is in the NT is aimed at a religion which resembles Islam. Was the Christianity which Islam converted a continuation of this older religion which doesn't, to me, seem much like Rabbinical Judaism we know today?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Islam and Judaism are the same religion!
In another thread you just recently posted you find a lot of argumentative and negative communication happening here... That tends to happen when people bait and create threads intentionally goating. When people do that, it tends to create that type of feedback.

I'm not exactly sure what you're even asking. Are you trying to ponder if Islam was created by 600 year old remnants of a militant Judaic group? Why would that be considered the case, because they both embrace the legend of the God of Abraham?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-01-2015, 09:42 AM
(02-01-2015 03:29 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I thought I would see what response I get...

As some are aware, Joe Atwill has written a book about Roman Christianity being a religion written up by Jospephus and the Alexandrians to promote a new religion aimed at quelling unrest among militant, messianic Jews of the Near East and to support the Flavian emperors, Vespasian and then Titus.

If that is the case, then there was a messianic, militant Judaism in Judea. Christianity was an attempt to pacify this religion but if it only gained support among a minority, then the question I have is whether this religion survived because it seems to me that much of what is in the NT is aimed at a religion which resembles Islam. Was the Christianity which Islam converted a continuation of this older religion which doesn't, to me, seem much like Rabbinical Judaism we know today?

Whatever point you are trying to make is abundantly unclear.
02-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Christianity Judaism Islam all believe in the god of Abraham, so what?

Huh
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
03-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Judaism and Islam share much in terms of awards on deeds, while christianity you are basically forgiven based on faith. The only difference is that judaism is not going ape shit about it and are in a way more civilized. But to tell you the truth i am pretty ignorant on how jews practice their religion. But atleast they don't believe in theocracy. I mean all religions too me are ok. Islam believe man made laws are bad and that god's law are good, which is theocracy which is what many islamic countries have and struggle to adapt and to develop. Which is why democratic countries are better. So they prefer superstition than actually facts and reason. Which is why there exists so many islamic terrorists and try to make that dream wherever they are. IS is probably the first global one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_des...overnments

Its probably the only religion i am against simply due to the delusion of a worse set of rule. All the others like judaism, christianity, buddhism and hinduism is more or less. I don't agree, but believe if you wish.

Atleast for me.
03-01-2015, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 08:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)
No so much.
In fact, not at all.
But as usual DB, you fucked up your history, since you actually never learned any.
Still connecting imaginary dots I see.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ns?page=25
Post 247

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Yeah - Atwill's said many crazy things lately...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
04-01-2015, 05:52 PM
(02-01-2015 03:29 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I thought I would see what response I get...

As some are aware, Joe Atwill

Aaaaaaaaand I stopped reading. Seriously does the man give you a hand job discount every time you mention his name?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-01-2015, 06:55 PM
They share the common factor of all being bullshit.
07-01-2015, 08:20 AM
(04-01-2015 05:52 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaand I stopped reading. Seriously does the man give you a hand job discount every time you mention his name?

Wait, does that work?

Scarlett Johansson, Scarlett Johansson, Scarlett Johansson, Scarlett Johansson.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post