Islam and science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Islam and science
Hi, over the past few weeks I've become an atheist. I've probably been it for many years. But it has only been recently that I've been looking into it. I've been looking at tons of videos on atheism, and random religious topics and etc.

I've come across an argument saying that islam and science walk hand in hand, therefor it would be the best for us atheists to convert to islam. Islamic teachers say that the big bang is mentioned in the quran along with other scientific things. By googling on this you'll surely see arguments like this.

I would be happy to here answers from fellow atheists on this.
Have you ever encountered this argument before? What do you think of this argument/statement? Can it be true?

With love and respect
Zendro from Denmark
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: Islam and science
Are you talking about this verse?

“And the heaven We created with might, and indeed We are (its) expander.” (Quran 51:47)

It's garbage! Only after hundreds of years of human research did we come to the Big Bang, then some clowns decided to pick out some vague lines out of some old book and claim, "there it is!! It says 'expand'. Really... ask the idiots who tries to make this argument to point out verses in that stinking book to explain the mechanics of the Big Bang.

Read up on any creation myths around the world, you can twist them into the Big Bang too.
For example:

One the Chinese creation myth - Long before there were men there was Fan Kuo, the Ancient. One day his head explode from a massive headache. His brain matters became the stars, his eyes became the Sun and Moon, his body became the Earth, and his flea became the ancestors of men.

There you go, Big Bang, creation of life and evolution all rolled into one.

Here's the christians' 'argument': Gawd farted/snapped his finger and pow! Everything exists! Then he made 2 people Adam and Eve, I assume Adam and Eve are white since all the pictures show them as such; they fucked and now we have asians, black, and brown folks.

I was a bit sarcastic, but even my versions of the Chinese and christian myths were no less believable than the crap in the quran.
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
RE: Islam and science
When the Quran can come as close as the fictional writers in the 2006 Superman Returns movie when they named Kryptonite as sodium lithium boron silicate hydroxide with flourine
and years later in Serbia a new crystal mineral was found ( sodium lithium boron silicate hydroxide) that nearly matches that famous fictional crystal, then we can talk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadarite

There is nothing scientific about the Quran or any holy book or creation myth. Look at the story of the Three Little Pigs.
They all lived together, then at some point in time, they separated and created their own structures to live in. (Expanding universe and formation of galaxies...duh).
The big bad wolf came to blow their houses in. (Adding energy to a closed system can creates chaos)

I could go on and on, but I won't cause ....I'm hungry and bbq pulled pork sounds really good right now.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post