Islamic Charity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Islamic Charity
If they were all like this we'd have very little to worry about:

Saudi Arabian billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has said he will donate his entire $32bn (£20bn; €29bn) fortune to charity.

Quote:He said he hoped the gift would "help build bridges to foster cultural understanding, develop communities, empower women, enable youth, provide vital disaster relief and create a more tolerant and accepting world".

Bravo, sir.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
02-07-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: Islamic Charity
Impressive I must say. More than impressive actually.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-07-2015, 10:14 AM
There's also a very charitable organization called "The Zakat Foundation", which handles a wide variety of things including: financial assistance, food supplies, medication shipments and general humanitarian needs.

This organization is usually on the ground shortly after a natural disaster, but doesn't seek the spotlight. They provide assistance to all in need, not just fellow Muslims. This thread reminded me of good in the face of opposing forces, so I thought I'd share.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
02-07-2015, 10:36 AM
(02-07-2015 07:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If they were all like this we'd have very little to worry about:

Saudi Arabian billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has said he will donate his entire $32bn (£20bn; €29bn) fortune to charity.

Quote:He said he hoped the gift would "help build bridges to foster cultural understanding, develop communities, empower women, enable youth, provide vital disaster relief and create a more tolerant and accepting world".

Bravo, sir.

I mean that's nice and all but he's still going to hell. He was supposed to sell all he had, take up his cross and follow christ. Consider

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
02-07-2015, 10:44 AM
That's wonderful. More progressive Muslims need to be heard and seen in this way. They help to show that a successful culture thrives when it moves forward not backward.

Muslims need to know there is something producing positive results, other than extreme fundamentalism. They need to know they do have an ideological choice.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-07-2015, 03:53 PM
(02-07-2015 10:36 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 07:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If they were all like this we'd have very little to worry about:

Bravo, sir.

I mean that's nice and all but he's still going to hell. He was supposed to sell all he had, take up his cross and follow christ. Consider

Jesus (pbuh) is a prophet just like Muhammed (pbuh) in Islam. Christians don't understand that Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God of Abraham. It seems inconceivable to them.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-07-2015, 09:14 PM
I'd like to highlight the fact that this "charity" is owned by none other than the generous donor himself. Sure, Bill Gates did the same thing, but then, Bill Gates isn't from Saudi Arabia. Given the country's atrocious human and women's rights record, I think it's reasonable to be skeptical about this whole ordeal.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-07-2015, 09:18 PM
He looks damn good for a guy of 60!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-07-2015, 07:09 PM
At least he is doing something in name of religion. Zakaat is another good thing for poor in Islam. Then Eid ul Adha where food is shared with those who cannot afford it.
But not all of them do such thing and he is doing it in this age. Cheap shot get heaven I guess. LOL
[+] 1 user Likes faisal6309's post
03-07-2015, 07:12 PM
(02-07-2015 10:36 AM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  

Bravo, sir.

Funny thing about Abrahamic religions is that they consider each other wrong. For example, pork is not allowed in Jews, same for Muslims. But Muslims critize Christians in pork too.
I am glad you disn't say he has to be baptized in order to get into heaven.