Islamic Teachings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
28-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Islamic Teachings
I'm gonna share islamic teachings here . Single teaching for each day . I would be happy if you dont provoke this thread .

Islamic Teachings

17:37 Dont be arrogant
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: Islamic Teachings
Oh nice. And here is the islamic "wisdome" I want to share with you all:

And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

Qur'an 65:4

In short: the quoran permits pedophilia.

@ 19: what do you have to say about girls being raped by older men? Can you justify it?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
28-12-2013, 12:14 PM
(28-12-2013 11:53 AM)Nineteen Wrote:  I'm gonna share islamic teachings here . Single teaching for each day . I would be happy if you dont provoke this thread .

Islamic Teachings

Let me see...making you happy........nope, I can't find that anywhere on my priority list, sorry.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
28-12-2013, 12:21 PM
(28-12-2013 11:53 AM)Nineteen Wrote:  I'm gonna share islamic teachings here . Single teaching for each day . I would be happy if you dont provoke this thread .

Islamic Teachings

Islamic teachings? Yeah, right.

1 Samuel 2:3
Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

Proverbs 25:26
Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

Isaiah 13:11
I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

Matthew 5:1-48
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry
28-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:Quran 17:37 Dont be arrogant

isn't it arrogant for the Islamic empire's to conquer other nations and force them to believe the Quran or face death or 2nd class "tolerated" citizenship with exclusions (Christian's & Jews only - with limited autonomy, other religions and especially atheists don't get any leeway) ??????
Isn't this especially arrogant considering most of the Quran must be accepted on faith and not evidence based critical reasoning ???

Looks like the Quran contradicts itself - but that's not a surprize.
[+] 2 users Like Baruch's post
28-12-2013, 12:44 PM

Islamic Teachings

Not possible. I'm British.

But thank you for your wisdom. I'll try my best.

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
28-12-2013, 12:45 PM
(28-12-2013 12:21 PM)Fat Mac Wrote:  

Islamic Teachings

Islamic teachings? Yeah, right.

1 Samuel 2:3
Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

Proverbs 25:26
Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.

Isaiah 13:11
I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

Matthew 5:1-48
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Yes, much of the Quran is plagiarized.

Lets learn about arrogance:

Quote:The demand to be loved is the greatest of all arrogant presumptions.
Friedrich Nietzsche

...so much for demanding a loving God.

Quote:I hope I would not be so arrogant as to doubt anyone's religion or belief.
Anthony Hopkins

Isn't doubt and scepticism over extraordinary religious claims, be it Islamic, Christian or any other a form of humility in the face of our limited knowledge and access to any reasonable evidence to the religious claims ? (I also include some non religious political ideologies such as Marxism which have similar religious overtones)

Should we not be proud of discoveries based on hard work and searching for evidence leading to progress in physical sciences, sociology, psychology or accurate recording of history ?
Pride is deserved if gained with merit & virtue whilst we should limit arrogance if it is undeserved pride "showing off" without the merit, virtue or hard work involved.
28-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:I think it's important for scientists to be a bit less arrogant, a bit more humble, recognising we are capable of making mistakes and being fallacious - which is increasingly serious in a society where our work may have unpredictable consequences.
Robert Winston

Isn't the progress of science a story or learning from mistakes and correcting them ?
Religions like Christianity & Islam should learn from this and admit their mistakes, reconsider the "infallibility" of scripture and correct those mistakes be it in the Bible or Quran. Thomas Jefferson attempted this by rewriting the bible ! Guess what, this was NOT accepted by the church. Anyone plan to rewrite the Quran ? I think their life might be at risk !!!
28-12-2013, 01:00 PM
The very cocept that an atheist read the quoran probably makes her brain burn, probably also because she never read it herself.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
28-12-2013, 01:00 PM
In the original Qur'an :
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzzá and Manāt, the third, the other?
These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.
(known as the Satanic verses)
Proof that Islam is directly dependent upon pre-existing Arabic "pagan" culture.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche