Islamic Teachings

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
28-12-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: Islamic Teachings
(28-12-2013 05:08 PM)Nineteen Wrote:  Please prove your claim with a verse ?

Thing is, you can't prove anything with verses. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
28-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Nineteen - I agree with BryanS, choose something unique to Islam for your teachings not something which can be found in any religion or secular thought.

Study the great secular philosophical traditions and you will see many references to potential harm from arrogance. Do you study philosophy ? It is Haram (forbidden/sinful) to study philosophy in most Islamic teachings. There were some great Islamic philosophers but many were already deviating from the Quran by studying philosophy which teaches people to think. Consider Abu Hamid Al Ghazali who did study the ancient Greek philosophers, in particular Aristotle and in later life distanced himself radically demonstrating philosophy is alien from the QUran and deviates (Haram)

FOr a more scholarly educated background study the tension and argument between Al Ghazali (protecting the Quran against outside philosophies) vs ʾAbū l-Walīd Muḥammad bin ʾAḥmad bin Rušd (Averroes) Averroes was no atheist, but he was much more of an evidence based rationalist and pre-cursor to the scientific method - however mostly seen as a heretic from Islam (Haram)

Why do I write all this ?
Because there are universal teachings regardless if they are incorporated in the QUran or Nietzsche.
I can agree with some of the Quran just like I agree with some of Nietzsche. No one claims "ALL" the QUran is nonsense - sure we can mine it for some wisdom here and there.
As it happens much of the Quran is plagiarized from the Bible but that does not give the Quran any authority as much of the bible is also a mixmash of useful wisdom and nonsense.
[+] 4 users Like Baruch's post
28-12-2013, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 05:35 PM by Foxen.)
(28-12-2013 05:26 PM)Nineteen Wrote:  Please watch the video to learn about Islam .

Please watch this video to learn about the real Islam:

Islam is not a religion of peace:

Graphic warning
Not sure how to hide the video since the codes are so blasted different on each site.
Islam is not a religion of peace
[+] 3 users Like Foxen's post
28-12-2013, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 05:36 PM by Foxen.)
Sorry for repost.
28-12-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 05:38 PM by Free Thought.)
(28-12-2013 03:56 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 03:51 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  bla bla bla

Oh great!

The christian fanatic conspiracy nutter meets the islamists.

Will you be bashing each others heads in?

Or will you make the historic step of finding something you have in common, like antisemitism, homophobia or mysogeny?

Perfect recipe for another Crusade, don't you say?
Well Muslims and Christians, get back to your oh-so coveted traditions of killing each other near indiscriminately. Just leave atomic weapons out of it; the less assuming ones would like to inherit a still-habitable planet once you've removed yourselves from it with your pointless bickering.
*Note: it would be preferable if you just went away without the mass bloodshed found religions collective history, Kthanks bye.

(28-12-2013 04:20 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  WILL THE MODERATORS PLEASE GET THIS DISGUSTING FILTHY CRAP OFF THE BOARDS?

thank you...

Yeah, not happening buster: as much as I think you and the OP are full of tripe to say the kindest of thoughts, you both have as much right as each other to spew your bullshittery.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
28-12-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 05:42 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(28-12-2013 04:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Mod here. I hear all your prayers. I respond to your prayers. But I am not a benevolent mod. I never grant your wishes. Like all mods, I just enjoy your pleading.

Mod!

this is an Atheist forum... there shouldn't be any preaching allowed?

these Islamic teachings teach submission, and we don't submit to anything right?

to accept Islam is to submit to the will of Government of Allah...

this is uncool to see on an Atheist forum, we're unbelievers in Allah... they mean to destroy us and cut off our head!

I personally believe in the opposite... that all beliefs are allowed, as long as it is lawful.

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
28-12-2013, 05:42 PM
(28-12-2013 05:37 PM)λάθε βιώσας Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 04:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Mod here. I hear all your prayers. I respond to your prayers. But I am not a benevolent mod. I never grant your wishes. Like all mods, I just enjoy your pleading.

Mod!

this is an Atheist forum... there shouldn't be any preaching allowed?

these Islamic teachings teach submission, and we don't submit to anything right?

to accept Islam is to submit to the will of Government of Allah...

this is uncool to see on an Atheist forum, we're unbelievers in Allah... they mean to destroy us and cut off our head!

Sweethearttt, you need to stop reaching out to mod. All that begging is not becoming.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
28-12-2013, 05:42 PM
This is really so boring : ) hadiths are not islamic teachings , I can prove that by asking you questions , would you want to answer my questions ? Short questions and short answers ? Okay ? I'm gonna sleep : )
28-12-2013, 05:45 PM
(28-12-2013 05:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sweethearttt, you need to stop reaching out to mod. All that begging is not becoming.

What you did there, I saw it. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-12-2013, 05:46 PM
(28-12-2013 05:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 05:08 PM)Nineteen Wrote:  Please prove your claim with a verse ?

Thing is, you can't prove anything with verses. Tongue

This is very true. quoting verses depends on an apriori assumption that the book quoted if its the Bible or Quran is written by a Divine authorship hence quoting a verse has immense power - you are "quoting God/Allah"

However independent evidence NOT QUOTED IN THE QURAN/BIBLE is required to justify the belief in the books. Quoting the quran to prove the quran is just circular reasoning. This is just like the bible with the quote "
Quote:The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

All I need is one example of a good deed done by someone who doesn't believe in God and the whole quoting edifice collapses - I myself did a good deed todaySmile
(there are atheist philanthropists and plenty of examples of atheists who have done much good and helped fight corruption.

Just read "Society without God: What the Least Religious Nations Can Tell Us About Contentment" - Phil Zuckerman
Denmark & Sweden have the lowest God belief rates in the world and top virtually every chart in well being from lowest crime rates, better equality, better education - pretty much every scale in terms of social justice, morality and human welfare.
No one claims perfection - but compared to what's happening in countries where Islam is predominant today there is utterly no comparison. (or countries which are predominantly Christian - especially when Christianity has substantial central power pre renaissance & enlightenment)
[+] 2 users Like Baruch's post