Islamic court in Belgium

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Islamic court in Belgium
In the Belgian city of Antwerp, a court has been opened that treats marital differences and inheritance problems. It's an initiative taken by the radical islamic group Shariah4Belgium, a group that whishes the shariah as the supreme (and only) law in the country. Monica De Coninck, member of the municipal executive, responsible for diversity, thinks it's a good idea that religious instances mediate in their communities.

Available services
The 'center for islamic services' will take care of all cases of divorce, marital annulment, reconciliation, marital problems and others, all in accordance with Allah's sharia. It will hand out certificates where needed.

They seem to forget one thing. The sharia completely contradicts the universal declaration of human rights and national democratic laws, for example:

-Women inherit half of what a man is entitled to.
-Poligamy is legal
-Child marriages are legal
-A woman can hardly annul a marriage, whereas a man merely has to 'send her away'
-etc.

Oh yes, I can feel the richness and cultural diveristy...

Hot exotic chicks, strange&spicy cuisine, funny dances, intriguing languages, enlightening philosophies and customs; that's diversity. Spitting on women and their human rights isn't.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2011, 04:45 AM
RE: Islamic court in Belgium
Oh the stupidity... Isn't the basics of any LAWFUL state equality? That we are all equal in the eyes of law? And now they want special courts for Muslims, why, so that they can have one law, and the rest of Belgium has some other law? Where is equality in that and in the hell could anyone allow this atrocity to happen? If you do not like the laws of your state, you are free to GET THE F*** OUT!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
13-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Just wait for our friends on the site to tell us how hateful we are for pointing at sharia law and saying there are bad things in it.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
13-09-2011, 05:17 AM
Who cares about Sharia Law when we are talking about a modern state in the heart of Europe? If they want and need Sharia, they are free to move to Middle East, if you want to live in a country like Belgium, you MUST respect Belgium laws, or else are are fit for jail. It can not be more simple than that. I can not believe that they have allowed them a specific court with their laws. Not because they are Muslims, or anyone else, nobody is above the law and all are to be treated equally. Without this, there is no law, there is no courts with real power, there is no justice. Belgium has started their descent into injustice. I hate how minorities always outnumber the majority...

Sad

-Hunter S. Thompson
13-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Isn't an exception-tribunal against the Belgian constitution?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
18-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Same problem over here as well (England). Unfortunately though anyone who speaks against the idea of sharia law is automatically racist, islamophobe, discriminatory, anti-diversity, nazi, hatemongering etc. the list goes on. If you dare point out that if you want to live in a (Western) country you should abide by it's rules then the best you can hope for is being labelled 'insensitive of the feelings of minorities' which effectively means everyone only thinks your a racist privately instead of openly saying it. Of course if you are of the opinion that laws should be changed or special courts set up to accommodate minorities but apply it to an Islamic country they you are labelled as 'disrespectful of other cultures' which again means people think your a racist as opposed to say it.

Thats the problem with the world and the reason that racism will continue to persist, half the world are so busy trying not to be racist that they are more racist than anyone. Same applies to sexism a lot of the time as well I think. I highly doubt that I'll live to see a world where everyone is equal. I reckon the world will just yo-yo between the two extremes, either we discriminate against a particular group or we try so hard not to discriminate against a particular group that we discriminate against everyone else instead.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
19-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Whoah. Looks like Antwerp is seeking Oslo's fate.

Check out some older news as well: http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/2011/0...ainst.html

(18-09-2011 05:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Thats the problem with the world and the reason that racism will continue to persist, half the world are so busy trying not to be racist that they are more racist than anyone.

True.

Probably this world just needs to grow up.
19-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Well so what? Let them all think I am an Islam-hating racist. If they can not see what I am saying and put words in my mouth, that is their problem. If they can not see why I think that the minorities can not rule over majority, that is their problem, I have my reasons for saying that and if anyone has a problem with that I will gladly explain my views. Let them label you how ever they want, if you have studied what you think and you have a good point, than you are right, they are wrong, so why would you care about their wrong opinions?

I also think Israel is not a legal state, so what, now I'm anti-Jew as well, nazzi Hitler lover as well? Or you could listen why I think like this and maybe you would agree with some of my views...

P.S.

Free Palestine!

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
21-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm 100% for religious freedom and equality, but I don't like this at all. You need to have ONE court for your nation, one body that exists and governs by one set of rules that apply to everyone, equally and fairly.

No church or religion should have power over the courts. Ever. And no court should be made based on religion. If people wish to settle their differences based on religion, keep it out of the court system altogether.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]