Islamist where is your condemnation?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 04:22 PM
All the atrocities carried out in the name of Allah who is supposedly an all powerful deity does not make any rational sense, why would he not just sort all the issues out himself? Clearly he can't be that bothered, on a permanent vacation or non existent. The excuse for atrocities are embedded in your religion and I am not hearing much condemnation from Muslims about it, the only real way to stop all this is for moderate Muslims to stand up and condemn, is this too much to ask? Come on Muslims the world needs your help.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jamhar's post
01-11-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Islamist where is your condemnation?
(01-11-2014 04:22 PM)Jamhar Wrote:  All the atrocities carried out in the name of Allah who is supposedly an all powerful deity does not make any rational sense, why would he not just sort all the issues out himself? Clearly he can't be that bothered, on a permanent vacation or non existent. The excuse for atrocities are embedded in your religion and I am not hearing much condemnation from Muslims about it, the only real way to stop all this is for moderate Muslims to stand up and condemn, is this too much to ask? Come on Muslims the world needs your help.

The peaceful Muslim leaders here in Australia aren't saying too much about ISIS.
That any god should require the beheading of infidels and other mass slaughter to gain some entry into some weird Paradise beggars belief.
Shades of the Christian Crusades and Inquisition.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
01-11-2014, 05:32 PM
That is my point, they all seem to be quietly condoning the atrocities by ISIS, I'm pleased you've noticed the same in Australia as it is the same here in the UK.
01-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Trapped by their own heritage.

If citizens of a state are not happy with the laws regarding, or the methods of, capital punishment, they can complain, protest, boycott and/or vote for/against it.

These are hard won rights.

'Citizens' of a religion, particularly one that practices death for apostasy... not so much.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
02-11-2014, 07:47 AM
I can understand it can be difficult in highly Islamic places however it is very easy in civilised society
02-11-2014, 09:14 AM
(02-11-2014 07:47 AM)Jamhar Wrote:  I can understand it can be difficult in highly Islamic places however it is very easy in civilised society

Define 'civilised' please.

One of the factors under the heading of civilised, must be 'freedom of expression'.

This place (TTA) is full of people who do not exercise that right within their own homes being surrounded by fundamentalists (or whichever dogma).

Ask them if it's very easy.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't believe every Muslim in a westernised civilised country is surrounded by fundamentalists depressing their freedom of speech, I do believe there is aspects of their culture/religion that will isolate people for expressing any other view than what the Quran says. That is the root of the problem and my original point that to combat extremism help is needed from within the culture/religion to combat radicalised Muslims.

My fear is that the silence of the communities almost gives radicalised people the green light rather than stopping the violence, we need some brave Muslims to stand up and speak out rather than giving the impression of silently condoning it.
02-11-2014, 12:14 PM
(02-11-2014 10:51 AM)Jamhar Wrote:  I don't believe every Muslim in a westernised civilised country is surrounded by fundamentalists depressing their freedom of speech, I do believe there is aspects of their culture/religion that will isolate people for expressing any other view than what the Quran says. That is the root of the problem and my original point that to combat extremism help is needed from within the culture/religion to combat radicalised Muslims.

My fear is that the silence of the communities almost gives radicalised people the green light rather than stopping the violence, we need some brave Muslims to stand up and speak out rather than giving the impression of silently condoning it.

Actually, I was referring to christianity in my previous post to draw a parallel regarding the difficulty (ranging for outright fear down to social awkwardness) of speaking out when you're the lone voice.

Our newest member (joined a few minutes ago) is from Indonesia where you can still be imprisoned for being an atheist.

So, I'm thinking about why christianity is less of a threat ... simple ... it's lost the political power it once had. How did this happen? Many factors but economic stability and social security are high on the list.

This is why being an openly freethinker in Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta is not as dangerous as in the less wealthy / less educated areas.

The courage to defy the theocratic elite will come through either desperation (e.g. English, French, US and Russian revolutions) or through confidence once other social needs have been addressed.

07-11-2014, 02:13 PM
(01-11-2014 04:22 PM)Jamhar Wrote:  All the atrocities carried out in the name of Allah who is supposedly an all powerful deity does not make any rational sense, why would he not just sort all the issues out himself?

As it turns out, many of the adherents of the Abrahamic religions get just as upset about perceived insults as their god supposedly does, and he's on record for getting pissed off a lot.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post