Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Thumbs Down Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha
2012 is proving to be the year for religious extremism. Apparently a non-Muslim man in Bangladesh posted a picture on his Facebook account that an Islamic cleric deemed offensive, so last night mobs of angry Muslims burned down dozens of Buddhist temples in Bangladesh, and beheaded many Buddha statues. It seems like that was not enough to restore dignity to Islam, so they marched through residential areas burning the houses of non-Muslims.

Why would anyone want to attack Buddhists? They are just about the most peaceful religious group there is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ebook.html

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
RE: Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha
Cos Buddhism is wrong and Islam is right.

Silly Ozzie.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
The interesting thing is that no one seems to know the identity of the person who allegedly posted the offensive picture, or even what it is all about. For all we know, some religious cleric probably made the whole thing up and thousands of good followers went home, loaded themselves with weapons and incendiary materials, and went on the rampage to avenge the honor of the prophet against a picture none of them have ever seen (or even know whether it is real.)

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
01-10-2012, 12:27 PM
So wait.

One guy, a Buddhist, puts a picture on Facebook. Muslims don't like it so they burn down 4 temples and 15 homes? They don't do anything to that one guy, they just go on a rampage generically directed at that guy's religion?

Sure, makes sense to me.

Where's the outrage from Islamic leaders condemning the irrational violence of their misguided flock? Oh, yeah, same place it always is - nonexistent. Those leaders must know, they can't really all be too stupid to know, that their silence is really just acquiescence which, in the minds of these irrational violent misguided flock is seen as approval. They must know this and yet they still remain silent on this and all the other irrational violence.

Knowing their silence is perceived as approval, by their misguided flock and by everyone else watching from the outside (like us), and still remaining silent, really is approval. They know everyone thinks it is approval and they do nothing to discourage or contravene this viewpoint. Therefore it actually is approval.

Religion of "peace".

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't know, I have a bad feeeling about all this Islamic stuff now. Like we're heading into world war3.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Chillax.

(is that what the cool kids are saying these days?)

This kind of thing goes on all the time and has been going on for a really long time. We're no more likely to have WWIII over this kind of junk now than we were 5, 10, 20, or 30 years ago over the same kind of junk. It's just that now, today, it's more in your face and you're more aware of it, so you're more worried about it.

Now, when some Islamic fundie with an arsenal of nukes and an army of tanks and jets and millions of fanatical soldiers willing to die for their cause decides he wants to run a Jihad on the western world, then you should worry about WWIII.

(but even then, my money is on some secret black op that ends with a US bullet in that fundie's fanatical forehead before he begins that war - not that this kind of thing ever happens).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't know. What's changed is that islamic leaders are scared of their own people these days. They can't kill enough of them to stomp out opposition like they used to.

What's also changed is that people are communicating via the web and cells - which has great potential to do good but equal potential to do bad.

Some american fundie insults some islamic fundie and you have thousands of people going berserk.

I just have an uneasy feeling about this.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-10-2012, 03:10 PM
(01-10-2012 02:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know, I have a bad feeeling about all this Islamic stuff now. Like we're heading into world war3.

Good morning and welcome to reality.
There is a war rising and it will be called THE CLASH OF THE CULTURES.
Today it is not PC if one mentioned it.
Tomorrow whe will face that whe have ignore the facts to long.
In germany, right after the attack's on the WTC in 2001, an experte of the near-east-question, Peter Scholl-Latour, was asked in a talkshow, what he now would tell the President of the USA to do.
His answer was: Bomb them back into the stone-age. Two ore three atomic-divices on the right places and the cake is eaten.
He did'nt mentioned it explicite, but he meant there holy-places. Mecca and Medina and Jerusalem, there for i have no doubt.
I think he has the mental impact in mind, that was created though the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bomb's. After this events the Japanes goverment and emperor surrender and the WWII was over.
This is the first time whe will see a war over religion in modern history.
And i think it will be worst than WWII.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM
(01-10-2012 03:10 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 02:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know, I have a bad feeeling about all this Islamic stuff now. Like we're heading into world war3.

Good morning and welcome to reality.
There is a war rising and it will be called THE CLASH OF THE CULTURES.
Today it is not PC if one mentioned it.
Tomorrow whe will face that whe have ignore the facts to long.
In germany, right after the attack's on the WTC in 2001, an experte of the near-east-question, Peter Scholl-Latour, was asked in a talkshow, what he now would tell the President of the USA to do.
His answer was: Bomb them back into the stone-age. Two ore three atomic-divices on the right places and the cake is eaten.
He did'nt mentioned it explicite, but he meant there holy-places. Mecca and Medina and Jerusalem, there for i have no doubt.
I think he has the mental impact in mind, that was created though the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bomb's. After this events the Japanes goverment and emperor surrender and the WWII was over.
This is the first time whe will see a war over religion in modern history.
And i think it will be worst than WWII.
It will never come to that. Aslong as we don't let fundies make such a impact on our society, keep in mind the fundies are on both sides.
It's always the few loud idiots you hear over thousands of silent and behaving people.

Islam logic:
See a cartoon? Burn down the nearest embassy!
01-10-2012, 03:47 PM
(01-10-2012 03:43 PM)Spoon3r Wrote:  It will never come to that. Aslong as we don't let fundies make such a impact on our society, keep in mind the fundies are on both sides.
It's always the few loud idiots you hear over thousands of silent and behaving people.

Against better knowledge, i hope you are right and i am wrong.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 4 users Like Marco Krieger's post