Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha
(01-10-2012 02:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know. What's changed is that islamic leaders are scared of their own people these days. They can't kill enough of them to stomp out opposition like they used to.

What's also changed is that people are communicating via the web and cells - which has great potential to do good but equal potential to do bad.

Some american fundie insults some islamic fundie and you have thousands of people going berserk.

I just have an uneasy feeling about this.

I share your uneasy feeling, though Aseptic makes a reasonable case.

I worry less that Muslim crazies will start a war than I do that Israeli or American fundies will. If the far right gets power in both Israel and the U.S.A. at the same time, that could be the source of reactionary aggression against the perceived Muslim threat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
This isn't the first time Islam has taken a swing at Buddhism. In 2001, the Taliban blew up the noted 180 ft. tall Bamiyan Buddha statue in central Afghanistan because they considered it an idol. Here is a before and after pic:

[Image: Taller_Buddha_of_Bamiyan_before_and_afte...uction.jpg]

It was one of two very large standing Buddha statues carved into a rock face during the 5th-century. It predated the emergence of Islam in the area by nearly two centuries. People tend to forget that there was a large Buddhist presence in Afghanistan at one time.
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
01-10-2012, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 08:23 PM by Free Thought.)
Oh! An Islamist getting offended at something minuscule that would not have offended anybody otherwise.

How very refreshing.

.... I would LOVE to introduce those bitches homes to real fires, a la the Black Saturday or Ash Wednesday fires, see how happily they burn people's shit down then..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2012, 08:06 PM
(01-10-2012 11:56 AM)Ozzie Wrote:  Why would anyone want to attack Buddhists? They are just about the most peaceful religious group there is.

because they are not Muslim, that is offensive enough.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
01-10-2012, 08:54 PM
(01-10-2012 05:58 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This isn't the first time Islam has taken a swing at Buddhism. In 2001, the Taliban blew up the noted 180 ft. tall Bamiyan Buddha statue in central Afghanistan because they considered it an idol. Here is a before and after pic:

[Image: Taller_Buddha_of_Bamiyan_before_and_afte...uction.jpg]

It was one of two very large standing Buddha statues carved into a rock face during the 5th-century. It predated the emergence of Islam in the area by nearly two centuries. People tend to forget that there was a large Buddhist presence in Afghanistan at one time.

I'm thinking the Buddhists went, "Meh, whatever." ... That's what I like about Buddhsim. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
We should give Israel some nukes, they're not afraid to put those muslim fuck heads in their place.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-10-2012, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 10:57 PM by cufflink.)
(01-10-2012 10:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We should give Israel some nukes, they're not afraid to put those muslim fuck heads in their place.

Psst. Israel already has nukes.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
02-10-2012, 01:10 AM
(01-10-2012 08:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm thinking the Buddhists went, "Meh, whatever." ... That's what I like about Buddhsim. Big Grin

Dear GirlyMan, i think, that discribes the problem more then well.
The muslim fundi's can do what ever they want, we still do nothing.
For me, thats not buddism, thats cowardliness.
How these people should learned there lesson, that they not allone in the world?
Statures are on thing, but i remember very clear 9/11/2001.
Was your reaction than also, "Meh, whatever." ?
What aboute the genocides in north-africa, driven by the muslim-fundis.
They came and cut armes, legs and heat's off, they cut women with babys there breasts, so they are unable to feed the child.
If you have a kid, that behaves like destroy all stuff around him, you just purse your lipps and shrug your shoulder's?
Sorry, i hope, if you have kid's, you made a better job on them.

This has to be stopped.

I said it in the past, and i will say it again, NO TOLERANCE to NO TOLERANCE.
We have not crawled out of the mud and dirt, evoled as equals from the stupidity of our own religion, just to watch this peopel smashing everything and anyone into pieces.
If my child did'nt want to listen, i am not sitting around and watch him beating other kid's and set the neighbor's garden on fire.
Social behavior is a skill every human must and could learn.
If we did'nt start now, some day this behavior became pathological, that means it become irreversible.
Do you want your doughter wear a burka? No! Then get your head out of the "Oh, beautiful-budism-peace-pink-thought-cloude of your's and come back to earth and face the facts.
They killing people and destroy stuff, as long as we only watch them.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
02-10-2012, 03:23 AM
(01-10-2012 10:42 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 10:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We should give Israel some nukes, they're not afraid to put those muslim fuck heads in their place.

Psst. Israel already has nukes.

Really? Or is this a "Iraq has nukes" thing?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-10-2012, 05:21 AM
...and we know about this, how? Consider

To me, all this "lookie how evil Islam is" noise coming over the wire is a marketing scam to justify an invasion of Iran.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]