Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2012, 07:38 AM
RE: Islamists now offended by Buddhaism: Behead Buddha
(02-10-2012 04:29 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  I'm offended by Islam. Sorry if that is not politically correct to say, but if Islamic extremists are so offended by modern concepts such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion (or lack of religion,) freedom of conscience and thought, etc., then their religious beliefs are offensive to me as a human being with a modern sense of morality.

And the governments of the world are just going to ignore you, because you don't go out and kill people that offend you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-10-2012, 03:27 PM
i wonder what the crazy ones would do/think if everyone else mimicked them as in rioted and killed [or faked it at least - the killing] at the slightest thing?
then again if they will riot and kill over the minor-est of things i doubt hypocrisy is something that they would try to avoid.

and on the current [when this trend was started anyway] riot - really? burn houses and attack people with nothing to do with the 'offense'?
i wish there was something that could be done about them unless there's a way to unbrainwash them or something i guess all we can hope for is the crazies to die off or decrease enough that the moderates outnumber them and wont take their crap anymore

"Villain, i have done thy mother" - Aaron, Act IV, Scene II of Titus Andronicus
03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
(03-10-2012 03:27 PM)palnai Wrote:  i wonder what the crazy ones would do/think if everyone else mimicked them as in rioted and killed [or faked it at least - the killing] at the slightest thing?
then again if they will riot and kill over the minor-est of things i doubt hypocrisy is something that they would try to avoid.

and on the current [when this trend was started anyway] riot - really? burn houses and attack people with nothing to do with the 'offense'?
i wish there was something that could be done about them unless there's a way to unbrainwash them or something i guess all we can hope for is the crazies to die off or decrease enough that the moderates outnumber them and wont take their crap anymore

It sure would be fun to blow up their embassies and consulates in response, but it wouldn't be constructive in any way. Just fun.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 04:34 PM
(02-10-2012 05:35 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  
(02-10-2012 04:32 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  Why?!
I tried to keep a positive image of Islam because few of my friends are muslims. I thought these things are only done by a minority. I can't keep denying the reality of Islam. These people need to get laid! All those rules from their holy toilet papers. So much sexual repression! Islam go and get laid. With anyone! Anything!! You will feel a whole lot better and a lot of calmer! *big sigh*

It is true that the large majority of Muslims in the US are moderates. However, it is a lie to say that Islamic extremists are a tiny minority in the world. One can easily disprove that by looking at all the countries in the Middle East. Out of all the Middle Eastern nations (excluding Israel,) there is only 1 that has a secular government, only 1 that goes out of it's way to protect women, gays, non-Muslims, etc., and only 1 whose government is not heavily influenced or run by extremist clerics: The Republic of Turkey. In all the other Middle Eastern countries, women, homosexuals, and non-Muslims are abused, tortured, and murdered, and the authorities either turn a blind eye to it or even help to commit these atrocities.

We in the west have a huge problem. Because we want to be politically correct we ignore those facts and pretend that the problems with Islam are tiny, that it is only an insignificant minority who do these things. Because of that, Europe is letting in tons of extremists. In countries like the UK, over 40% of Muslims are radicals and support turning the UK into a Shariah-law Islamic state. They are so open about it that they frequently hold protests with signs that say "Death to the West," "We will kill all non-believers," "We will turn the UK into an Islamic state." However, if you are a regular peaceful Briton and dare to criticize radical Islam, the state will bring you up on charges of "Hate Speech," while doing nothing to stop the radicals holding those signs and burning British and American flags. If the west doesn't wake up to this, Europe will go from a collection of modern nation states to a collection of radical Islamic states within my son's lifetime (he is 2 years old now.) Sad

***The statistic of 40%+ radicalization of Muslims in the UK comes from a survey of the British Muslim population carried out in 2007. The data is available online. Over 40% of young Muslims (16-24 years old) surveyed supported radical Islamic views. Although radicalism declined in older age groups, the rate or radicalism in older groups was still appalling and extremely worrying.

I kind of knew that but I didn't think it was that many people who are radical. Maybe if our government weren't such wimps, we wouldn't have this problem. The muslims in my school seem moderate and quite secular but you can't be always sure. I am kinda scared now. Sadcryface I have this feeling of doom that something is going to happen.
Hopefully when your son is older, it will all clear up.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
03-10-2012, 05:27 PM
(03-10-2012 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 03:27 PM)palnai Wrote:  i wonder what the crazy ones would do/think if everyone else mimicked them as in rioted and killed [or faked it at least - the killing] at the slightest thing?

It sure would be fun to blow up their embassies and consulates in response, but it wouldn't be constructive in any way. Just fun.Yes

true, it would be fun but you are right it wouldn't help in anyway , shape or form and hell , might even make all the attacks worse

03-10-2012, 11:21 PM

Never going to happen. As long as there is one extremist, there is danger of him/her taking control. The moderates don't carry weapons and kill people that have different beliefs. The extremist will.
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
(03-10-2012 11:21 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Never going to happen. As long as there is one extremist, there is danger of him/her taking control. The moderates don't carry weapons and kill people that have different beliefs. The extremist will.
while its true that moderates dont do that since they are moderates change does happen, look at Europe , for example, it was controlled by religion and they killed people like crazy [ queen Mary I killed 300-ish people within 5 years due to them being protestants and her a catholic and look at the crusades]
things improved over time it might take longer than it did for Europe for maybe something similar to happen, but it might happen eventually,which is all i'm hoping for.
just trying to be optimist as otherwise i'll be out the back building a fallout shelter Tongue

04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
These cultures have been stuck in the middle ages for a very very long time... stoning of people who have extra marital sex - hello?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-10-2012, 03:40 PM
i forgot about that - wow... damn their crazier then i thought humanly possible

04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
That's what happens when you don't have a renaissance, enlightenment, reformation, industrialization, modernization and/or information period.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post