20-08-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Islamophobia?
How about athiophobia many theists seem to suffer with this Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
20-08-2016, 09:58 AM
(20-08-2016 09:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  How about athiophobia many theists seem to suffer with this Big Grin

EXCELLENT POINT, Adey! LOL! Perfect!!!!!!!! And it's SO true.
20-08-2016, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2016 11:19 AM by TheMoralist.)
I think the fear of Islam is rational.

It is hard for some apologists to realize this but Islam and its followers never got the reform that most other religions had in order to conform to the values of the modern world which is embracing universal human rights. That is not to say we still do not have Christians trying to enforce extremism in other third world countries and they are just as equally disturbing. The fear of Islam is also rational because the essence of Islam is that of violence. As Sam Harris had said, their prophet was not that of a hippie or a wandering ascetic meditator. The prophet of Islam was a war lord that raped and killed and we have many Islamists that read the Quran literally. When they said Islam is peace, they are a fucking liar.

Human rights are still being violated on a massive scale in Islamic countries. Women are still being stoned to death in the most barbaric manner and gays are killed for simply loving another human being.

So in the face of this barbarism, what are we to do? We need to start talking. Fuck Islamphobia, that is a name calling just to shut down a much needed conversation. One must not confused criticizing Islam, Islamists and Jihadists for Muslims. Islam is a religion with horrible shits, Islamists are people who are seeking to build an Islamic state, and Jihadist are Islamists but they use violent force to achieve that. But don't be deluded into thinking most Muslims that aren't Islamists embrace civil liberties either. We need to start having this conversation, because if we don't, we are doing the minorities within the Muslim community a disfavor, and that are the feminist Muslims, LGBT Muslims, and apostates who are being slaughtered.

I will borrow a quote from Maajid Nawaz to express this point:

“The great liberal betrayal of this generation is that in the name of liberalism, communal rights have been prioritized over individual autonomy within minority groups. And minorities within minorities really do suffer because of this betrayal. The people I really worry about when we have this conversation are feminist Muslims, gay Muslims, ex-Muslims—all the vulnerable and bullied individuals who are not just stigmatized but in many cases violently assaulted or killed merely for being against the norm.”
[+] 3 users Like TheMoralist's post
20-08-2016, 10:59 AM
(20-08-2016 10:16 AM)TheMoralist Wrote:  I think the fear of Islam is rational.

It is hard for some apologists to realize this but Islam and its followers never got the reform that most other religions had in order to conform to the values of the modern world which is embracing universal human rights. That is not to say we still do not have Christians trying to enforce extremism in other third world countries and they are just as equally disturbing. The fear of Islam is also rational because the essence of Islam is that of violent. As Sam Harris had said, their prophet was not that of a hippie or a wandering ascetic meditator. The prophet of Islam was a war lord that raped and killed and we have many Islamists that read the Quran literally. When they said Islam is peace, they are a fucking liar.

Human rights are still being violated on a massive scale in Islamic countries. Women are still being stoned to death in the most barbaric manner and gays are killed for simply loving another human being.

So in the face of this barbarism, what are we to do? We need to start talking. Fuck Islamphobia, that is a name calling just to shut down a much needed conversation. One must not confused criticizing Islam, Islamists and Jihadists for Muslims. Islam is a religion with horrible shits, Islamists are people who are seeking to build an Islamic state, and Jihadist are Islamists but they use violent force to achieve that. But don't be deluded into thinking most Muslims that aren't Islamists embrace civil liberties either. We need to start having this conversation, because if we don't, we are doing the minorities within the Muslim community a disfavor, and that are the feminist Muslims, LGBT Muslims, and apostates who are being slaughtered.

I will borrow a quote from Maajid Nawaz to express this point:

“The great liberal betrayal of this generation is that in the name of liberalism, communal rights have been prioritized over individual autonomy within minority groups. And minorities within minorities really do suffer because of this betrayal. The people I really worry about when we have this conversation are feminist Muslims, gay Muslims, ex-Muslims—all the vulnerable and bullied individuals who are not just stigmatized but in many cases violently assaulted or killed merely for being against the norm.”

Thank you, Moralist. Yes. So true. It is the same as when someone says that they're 'offended' when what they're really trying to do is shut me up by trying to force me into capitulating to their unfounded 'feelings'.

Tallulah