Islamophobia Awards - Charlie Hebdo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: Islamophobia Awards - Charlie Hebdo
(19-03-2015 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are demonstrably many Muslims in the West who are also on board with this insanity. Drinking Beverage

Fortunately, there are many more who aren't.

The problem here (in the East) is that the Muslims who deplore the totalitarian violence as much as anyone here on TTA (except our Roman catholic fascist friend PP) are completely disinterested in politics and world affairs ... not unlike the proletariat of every country in which I've lived.

Most people, are unlikely to mobilise unless affected personally.

Undecided

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Regarding the video, I have no problem with a comedian exercising his right to free speech.

The joke was targeted at all recipients because obviously no one wants an award for racism. It was not specifically about Charlie Hebdo.

Too soon? ... perhaps.
Confusing race with religion? ... definitely.

But do people have the right to tell offensive jokes? ... fuck, yes!

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-03-2015, 12:17 AM
(19-03-2015 11:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  But do people have the right to tell offensive jokes? ... fuck, yes!

Drinking Beverage

Absolutely, can't deny that... I just... Islamic Human Rights? Because Islamic Humans have different rights to other humans?

The wonderful power of the human mind to fixate on totally stupid shit continues to amaze me every day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-03-2015, 04:54 AM
(19-03-2015 11:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Regarding the video, I have no problem with a comedian exercising his right to free speech.

The joke was targeted at all recipients because obviously no one wants an award for racism. It was not specifically about Charlie Hebdo.

Too soon? ... perhaps.

Drinking Beverage

Context and time.
The later is by far not appropriate, especially with ISIS and this crap still going on too. The attack on the newspaper didn't happen that long ago.

And it's appropriate in the event. "Islamic Human Rights", yea no, that's different to "while having a few beers with your bros after work".

[Image: oscar.png]
20-03-2015, 06:28 AM
I have no problem with awards of this type taking place. I'm suspicious this whole Islamic Human Rights organisation is simply a dodgy group of people but the general idea of granting recognition to those who have unjustified fear and hatred of Islam or any other religion or ideology makes sense.

I think the key point here though would be unjustified fear. I think it is clear that the victims of the Charlie Hebdo murders had a justifiable fear. They are not valid candidates for the awards. Any tone deaf joke that flows from the decision is guaranteed to fan flames. You can't say that someone who feared for their life based on threats and earlier attempts upon it and was murdered in the name of Islam had an unjustified fear of Muslims. It's logically contradictory.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
22-03-2015, 11:31 AM
(19-03-2015 11:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Regarding the video, I have no problem with a comedian exercising his right to free speech.

Too soon? ... perhaps.

Drinking Beverage

They have the right to tell those jokes, and we have the right to call them horrible people for doing so.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
22-03-2015, 11:42 AM
I hope ISIS beheads these fucks and gives them a lesson in "Islamic human rights".

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
27-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Why would anyone be afraid of Muslims? What a crazy idea. I mean, Mohammed was a bigamist beheader. His followers slaughtered the Persians, then the Turks and the Romans, then invaded Spain and Eastern Europe all the way to Vienna. They engaged in a war between themselves in Iraq and Iran in which about 1.5 million people died. They suppress other religions in their own countries and deprive followers of other religions of their civil rights. They have engaged in acts of terrorism against the US and other western countries for decades, are committed to the destruction of Israel. They engage in public beheading, amputation of body parts as punishment for crimes. They treat foreign workers, like domestic servants, like slaves. They execute homosexuals in public. They are bigamists, treat women as inferior to men and deprive them of education.

So, of course, the world needs a "Society" to protect the human rights of people who follow this religion against people who might mistake them for psychopaths who have escaped from hospitals for the criminally insane.