Islamophobia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2014, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 01:12 PM by Chas.)
RE: Islamophobia
(31-05-2014 10:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 08:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  Has anyone actually agreed with you?
That's a nice red herring you have there. Given the fact that you are the only person to misconstrue the content of my posts, it follows that the common denominator isn't the alleged ambiguity of my writings, it's your lack of reading comprehension.

Have it your way. You don't see that it admits of that meaning, fine. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2014, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 04:48 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
RE: Islamophobia

I couldn't start it at the time I wanted but it starts around 11:18 but the entire episode is interesting.

Now, I want to make it loud and clear that not all Muslims are bad but I also want to state that not all Muslims are good and that is with all people of any religion, race or culture. Those who are not good should be criticized, challenged and questioned. If they threaten you that should not stifle free speech and if they go far enough to try to actively quiet you or do something violent against you then they are disgusting people. We need to keep conversation open and growing. I believe that is why I enjoy the internet greatly is because here free speech is huge and they cannot stop it. They cannot stifle it. They cannot end it and all they can do is ignore it which is what I want to happen. If they ignore it it may happen to them in real life. We need them to ignore it and not car. We need more people to not be scared of drawing a picture of Muhammed or creating some crappy movie.

We need to keep talking because constantly talking will hopefully maybe some will come to realize and understand what we are saying. Whether it be free speech or understanding their religion at least keeping the conversations alive will provide some the realization they can question or leave their faith. If we stop then they may be left alone ad in doing so they will be silenced and we can never let that happened.

Its terrible you feel threatened by them and it is ridiculous because your fears are not random. There is a threat by radical conservative Muslims to use their religion as a weapon and that threat is sad and unfortunate but lets hope to defeat people like that with reason and rationality and not with ugly acts of violence that they use.

There are a large amount of Muslims who do bad things and Muslims themselves need to criticize that the most to move forward but oftentimes just an organization speaks against an ugly act that happened due to their religion and usually nothing else is done. It needs to be continually talked about, criticized and challenged.

Education and mixed education(Schools with Muslim, Christian, Atheist students and etc.) systems are the successful way to get people to understand one another.

And the largest enemy of Islam is those whom are conservative and even the Muslims who are moderate but think pre marital sex is not alright or that freedom of speech is terrible or go far enough to say that other religious people are frowned upon. Those will not help anyone. I do see a movement within Islam of young people moving away from this and changing but there is also a large group becoming more conservative and radical like the Evangelical Christians in our country.

I do not fear Islam but I do fear what Islam can do as a weapon. I will do anything to fight against that and I have fellow Muslim friends who don't want to kill me, can take a Muhammad joke and won't wear the veil because they simply don't want to. I hope its people like these who become the norm because now it seems they are a rarity but I believe there are plenty among them but they are silent and that is the worse crime. We need to get them out there and talking.

(Had to edit like five times because it kept not posting a part I wanted but its done no more edits hopefully. Oh deity I created a monstrosity sorry for that.)

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post