Isn't it true...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Isn't it true...
Isn't it true that the "owner" of this forum no longer participates in this form, and the moderators, while having mod powers, don't have any abilities to go in and change the forum or alter it?

Isn't it true that this forum could just blink out at any time with all content being lost if the "owner" decides to close it?

Just wondering. Unsure
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: Isn't it true...
(16-03-2014 11:03 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Isn't it true that the "owner" of this forum no longer participates in this form, and the moderators, while having mod powers, don't have any abilities to go in and change the forum or alter it?

Isn't it true that this forum could just blink out at any time with all content being lost if the "owner" decides to close it?

Just wondering. Unsure

Wat. Facepalm

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2014, 11:12 PM
No and yes

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Aaah. Spring is finally here. The weeds are getting a head start over the blossoms.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
16-03-2014, 11:15 PM
(16-03-2014 11:03 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Isn't it true that the "owner" of this forum no longer participates in this form, and the moderators, while having mod powers, don't have any abilities to go in and change the forum or alter it?

Just wondering. Unsure

We have full control of the forum I think, not the website that it's hosted on though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-03-2014, 11:29 PM
(16-03-2014 11:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  We have full control of the forum I think, not the website that it's hosted on though.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

Do you think there's any future in forums, or do you think most people use Facebook and Google + these days. From what I've seen the membership of large forums seems to have stagnated.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2014, 11:47 PM
(16-03-2014 11:29 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 11:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  We have full control of the forum I think, not the website that it's hosted on though.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

Do you think there's any future in forums, or do you think most people use Facebook and Google + these days. From what I've seen the membership of large forums seems to have stagnated.

wait, wait, wait...

You expect me to believe people actually use Google +?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 9 users Like Free Thought's post
17-03-2014, 12:23 AM
I can make more sense of modern Japanese culture then I can my G+ page.

Also a forum is only as valid as its core members, they/we can move to another name/site at any time, mob rules as mob rules.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 5 users Like sporehux's post
17-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Google +
*snicker*

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
17-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Facebook is worse than the Mos Eisley cantina, so no...

[Image: mos-eisley1.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post