Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 10:33 AM
RE: Isn't it true...
(17-03-2014 10:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: Fossil_Sign_2409.jpg]

Looks like it's time to burn your embassy. Dodgy

It cold as shit here today I could do with a nice toasty fire. Big Grin

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 11:37 PM
(16-03-2014 11:29 PM)Gordon Wrote:  That's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

Do you think there's any future in forums, or do you think most people use Facebook and Google + these days. From what I've seen the membership of large forums seems to have stagnated.

I have no idea, I know very little about these things.

All I know is that I like forums (well, this forum) and I'm happy to use it and hope it lasts for a long time yet.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
17-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Why is it so important Seth posts here?
And why would he even want too?

Have you even talked to some of the regulars around here? Total freaks.
I'm the only normal person here.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
18-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Well, here's the thing. This forum is very popular and large as forums go, but it hasn't grown much over the last few years. At around 11,0000 members, it has about twenty who actually use it. Which means most members are simply people who have checked it out and moved on.

Forums can't be used well on phones--and everyone's using phones. I agree, one can express themselves much better in a forum, but no one seems to care about that. These days, few people are good writers, so they really don't care about the capability of forums vs. social media.

I could be wrong about Google + I simply mentioned it. I have an account, and even I don't use it. I just use facebook.

I'm launching a website soon, and I was going to have a forum, but I've abandon the idea. I think forums are old school these days. You know, it used to be newsgroups, then bulletin boards, then msn/yahoo/aol groups, then forums, now social media.

Plus, forums almost cannot be backed up efficiently, and the larger they get, the harder it is. And moving them from one server to another is almost impossible. My guess is, this forum does not have a sister server it backs up to. If the server that hosts it goes down, all is lost forever. I could be wrong, but I bet that's the case.

And back up is everything. If you had to re-make this forum, it wouldn't have 11,000 members. It would have twenty. But then, maybe Seth hires IT guys to back it all up. But that's an expense for a medium that has gray hair these days.

Unlike times I've visted here before, I won't tell you all when my site is up. I'm not trying to market to you. No offense, but I really don't want atheists around me online these days. I'm just here to talk I.T.

My agenda? None. I'm just bored. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2014, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 12:21 AM by Charis.)
(17-03-2014 01:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Facebook is worse than the Mos Eisley cantina, so no...

[Image: mos-eisley1.jpg]

ahahaha, I would like this 10 times if I could!

Also, regarding the writing aspect, reddit is alive and well. If this board dies out as a medium, there's always the option of having a TTA subreddit. Everyone's got one these days anyway. Big Grin
I bet reddit could shoot this site a load of traffic!
18-03-2014, 12:22 AM
(18-03-2014 12:16 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Unlike times I've visted here before, I won't tell you all when my site is up. I'm not trying to market to you. No offense, but I really don't want atheists around me online these days. I'm just here to talk I.T.

My agenda? None. I'm just bored. Drinking Beverage

Yet here you are,
Again.

Still have the irrational fear of atheism, I see.
I see you've never actually LOOKED at the number of people online.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Re: RE: Isn't it true...
(17-03-2014 11:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why is it so important Seth posts here?
And why would he even want too?

Have you even talked to some of the regulars around here? Total freaks.
I'm the only normal person here.

Shhh we dare not speak his name.

In the beginning the owner created the forum and said... Good enough, let them be unless they talk about pedophilia too much.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 4 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-03-2014, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 12:33 AM by Charis.)
Quote:No offense, but I really don't want atheists around me online these days. I'm just here to talk I.T.

We're all just here for the cuddles. It's why we keep Taq around. He's so snuggly...... in an angel-of-death sort of way... >.> No, but really he's cuddly. Like... super DarthVader snuggles. And he represents the level of cuddletude inherent in all atheists. He definitely has an erotic streak though. Tongue I bet he's Irish.

You might have to take that on faith.
18-03-2014, 01:04 AM
(17-03-2014 02:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The Owner is all powerful.

All hail the Owner

Praise Him with great praise.

Dodgy

I prefer to praise lightly with slight undertones of condescension.

[Image: 79a.gif]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-03-2014, 01:54 AM
(18-03-2014 12:17 AM)Charis Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 01:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Facebook is worse than the Mos Eisley cantina, so no...

[Image: mos-eisley1.jpg]

ahahaha, I would like this 10 times if I could!

Also, regarding the writing aspect, reddit is alive and well. If this board dies out as a medium, there's always the option of having a TTA subreddit. Everyone's got one these days anyway. Big Grin
I bet reddit could shoot this site a load of traffic!

reddit, huh? I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for the tip.
Bowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user